Post game thread - Bills game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Dec 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

He never twisted the facemask, so I don't know why you feel that excessive. You also watched it in slow motion, which enhances everything. Once he was sure he was down, he let go. You seem far more upset than anyone on the field was about it. We had a worse facemask at the end of the fist half, and the players head was twisted. It just wasn't caught up close by the cameras. Use some perspective.

2. Titansfan256

Titansfan256 Guest

Penalties

Great win, but I gotta nitpick just a little...

Am I the only one who got a little disgusted at all the penalties, particularly the excessive amounts of holding penalties from the O-Line?

We had 11 penalties for 81 yards. Had we have lost that game, those would've stuck out like a sore thumb.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Albert Haynesworth has a fundamental problem with respect for the opposition. He committed that facemask 100% voluntarily. This is about more than one play. This is about a pattern of behavior he has exhibited over time.

excessive? was it a 5yd facemask or a personal foul 15 yd. facemask?

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

My whole thing is why then. Are you trying to lose? Some players are winners. Others losers. That is a loser play. It was a 15 yarder. It was borderline excessive. but more importantly, why? I just don't get it. Vince Young is winning in spite of players like Haynesworth.

I've seen plenty of dumb stuff before on final drives from other players and other teams, like late hits out of bounds, and helmet to helmet ect., so he's not alone, but you just have to ask yourself why? And there is no good answer. I just don't get it. Just glad we got lucky there.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Why don't we trade him and draft Amobi Okoye or Quinn Pitcock and problem is solved. Plus we get another draft pick like a 3rd or 2nd maybe if anyone wants him just get something in return.

6. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Nobody would take him, much less give us anything worth considering trading him away. Better to stick with him and hope he can get past this.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I wouldn't get rid of him and there's no way I think a rookie will replace him. What he should have done was get up off his butt and tackle him around the legs. The play was pure laziness, which is what he is still guilty of. Easy enough to raise up and grab his legs.

Oh, and don't think teams don't consider Albert as not having elite talent. He would garner a third, kind of like Henry. A fourth would be robbery, but I wouldn't trade him.

Starks has come on a little bit the last couple of games. I wouldn't give up on him either. I like our tackles, to be honest. We could lose a couple, but this is a nice group overall. We lucked out with Tony Brown and getting Robaire back this year. Tony Brown, also a rookie, has kept Jesse Mahelona inactive all season. To quote Darth Vader, because it's on Comcast OnDemand in HD right now, "Impressive. Most impressive." Then we have Long, remains to be seen what becomes of him.

Oh, and with the release of DeQuincy Scott and the activation of Terna Nande, I wonder if we'll be using Nande as a rusher against New England. Can't wait to see what happens. I just know he better not fudge it on special teams.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

that's a flag too.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

He did not twist the helmet, but he didn't let go either. I assume that is why he got a 15 yarder. Obviously you have never played sports, or understand that when you get tired at the end of the game you can make mistakes like that. It's called "heat of the battle". AH plays hard, and yes, sometimes he is over zealous, but he is still the best lineman we have. Maghee got less than 100 yards yesterday. You should really calm down and look at his overall contribution to the team. Why aren't you calling out the other player that got a 15 yard face mask penalty and DID twist the guys head? That was far more dangerous. Sounds like a bit of prejudice going on here.

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

So your main concern is that AH is making Vince look bad? These boards are amusing at times. You can certainly tell who has played contact sports, and who sits in chairs and complains.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar