Post Falcons Game Thoughts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Me thinks Vince will be starting by week 5. Any takers??? He just looks very poised while he's in there. No nervous feet, eyes down field, ready to release the Ball. On the INT at least he took a shot, I'd rather go down swinging rather stand there and just get punched in my in my mouth.

2. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Frankly, VY has looked very ordinary the past 2 preseason games. He is making a lot of rookie mistakes and would get eaten alive if put out there to start the season.

You do not want your top pick losing confidence before he has a chance to gain it in the NFL.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Yeah both lines are definitely our weekest links. Good news tho', we'll have the No:1 draft pick in 07':grrhee:

4. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

He indeed has looked ordinary, but then again so has the entire team. BV has looked sub-ordinary, but again that is somewhat of a reflection of the Offensive system and Offensive line. I really don't think we have to worry about him losing confidence, let's be real the kid, although not cocky by any means, reeks of confidence, enthusiasim, and is a natrual leader. I don't think it will be no where near Ryan Leaf, or Heath Shuler, or Gino Torretta. Those guys lost confidence, hell they may have never believed in themselves to begin with. VY being out there has a profound affect on the Fans, Offense, and the Defense, and all his teammates. That kind of infectious mood settle's in and has everyone just believing that our team will perform better. Hell, any success he has will be a builder for the next season. Therefore, I reiterate, Let the kid play if our season appears to be in the :flush:

5. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

It was all ugly last night.
    However, I am going to try not to go nuts yet. If we look the same on opening day against the JETS...ok, that will be different.

I could be wrong, but.......
    - We have not had our "22 starters" in one game all at once.

What I mean is, Fisher has a basic idea of his 11 Off. starters and his 11 Def. starters. Anywhere from 2 to 4 players have been out of each game (even the first 1/2).
    Haynesworth out one game...Haynesworth back, Hope out......Hope back, Givens out....no Chris Brown, or no PacMan.
    That, and nothing other than very basic game planning. (i.e. - when we got down so big so quick to Denver, regular season game = throw the ball to catch up. We did NOT. Simply to continue evaluating players on the running game because it is ....PRESEASON.)

Don't get me wrong...I am not thrilled about what I have seen...But, I am not ready to jump of a ledge, or start looking for Fisher, Reece, etc... to be fired.

4:00pm on September 10th.......I may feel differently...hope not!

6. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Zell, your thoughts are those I expect to hear from uneducated fans who do not believe.

There will be 53 men suting up for the Titans on opening day, who will tell you to take a hike if you do not want to believe in them and want to give up before the season even begins.

VY is not even close to being ready. The Titans would possibly lose every game if were the starter. That is how not ready he is. Thats why the Titaans try to get him as much action as they can in preseason. Once the season begins, he will not get the practice snaps he gets in preseason. Hes our future, but that future is not quite here yet.

7. ive been saying that trio since last night after i watched the game, hes always around the ball, and thornton is great in coverage he batted to more passes down that went his way, and keith is just a beast, if tulloch was starting over sirmon i think that would imporve our defense a little bit

8. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

FightinTitan,

I am not an uneducated fan, nor have I given up on our season, I'm just being a realist and speaking from observation. The pre-season is not the season I know, but we have yet to look effective on either side of the ball. We are having trouble executing period. If we have looked competitive to you, and if BV has looked sharp to you and appered ready to start the season, then it is you, my man who is the uneducated fan. Vince is going to be just fine. Like I said, Peyton Maning he is not, Troy Aikman, he can be. That's my point. Not every QB who starts his career off early, is destined to be terrible from having some failures no more than a Superbowl Apperance and Pro Bowl is gauranteed from some success. Hell, I personally think at this point he his farther along than Eli Manning was when he was dreafted. Again, he is not 2 yrs old, and he will not turn him into Heath Shuler if he has some failures. And if he started, we would win some games.....oh ye of little faith. I know I sound like a doubting Thomas, but I know we will win, but how much???? And like everyone here, I want it now. The sour taste in my mouth from the past two seasons are lingering.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Volek has shown nothing thus far. Young has been the better qb. And that is sad, because all Volek had to show was a glimpse of something, anything, to get the nod in most people's eyes. And he has not even done that. It's been horrendous. The decision making is like giving up. He's not cutting it loose. He's playing like the Raven qb's and he's afraid to make a mistake. Vince Young has already shown glimpses of what everyone thought he was capable of. He has run for first downs, scrambled for a Touch down, and had a 50 yarder dropped for a TD. Young has shown glimpses. Volek hasn't shown us anything.

10. Titan

Titan Guest

Well said, I agree with all of that. I guess all we can do now is look forward to game 4. I guess on most teams the starters just make a cameo in pre game 4. Our titans starters are going to need to get into the 3rd again...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar