Post Falcons Game Thoughts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yep, for that reason, preseason counts, too. You can always write it off, except when it looks this bad.

The switch for me won't flip until the season starts and we suck like this. That is the hope I have left.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think our talent list is a bit longer, though.

I would add last year's rookie WRs to that list, for example.

Honestly, though, over a bunch of talent that is hit or miss, we don't have enough players that yet have that lunchpail attitude, or show great consistency. You know, I'd play someone like OJ Small at slot WR, for example, over Wade or Roby, because I don't see OJ drop a lot of balls. Not the fastest, but he shows consistency when you do see him. Doesn't seem like we have very many positives to count on right now.

3. 4andershv

4andershv Camp Fodder

Holy Crap

This was the 1st Titan game i have watched this season, and boy was I disappointed!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    The positives:

Vince Young:
    I think VY looked fine. He did throw that interception but besides from that he made pretty good decisions and actually made some plays against Atlantas 1st stringers.

Ben Troupe:
    Had one drop (as I recall) but played pretty decent besides that..

That ends the positives list

The negatives

Our 1st stringers got beat bad by theirs, though Falcons didn't even play that good. The 1st team made absolutely NO plays if you disregard the last 2-minute drive in which Atlanta was playing prevent -

Billy Volek:
    Though he weren't given many opportunities he disappointed me. He didn't look comfortable and didn't even attempt going deep which is what he does best.

Travis Henry:
    Didn't make his case to be our starting RB

WR:
    Move past the sticks, will ya!!!

Roos and Piller:
    Do us a favour and LEAVE!!!

EDIT: Forgot the D. They played allright at first, but i didn't like how they seem to get fooled by every play fake. And i really didn't like them giving up some big runs..
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Preaseason game or not I'm confident in predicting that there's absolutely NO WAY we will get to .500. This will be another year of preparing for the future..

And after seing VY last night i do think that the future looks bright

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Roos did look bad last night, but comeon, he's a 2nd year player playing the most difficult position on the O-line (or so they say), so you'd have to expect him to have a hard time. Even D'Brick will be make his share of mistakes early in his career.

I do worry about what will happen when we face Freeney et al this year...

5. 4andershv

4andershv Camp Fodder

Yeah he was bound to have a hard time facing Abraham but he was dominated all night. I'm just questioning if he's got what it takes to play LT in this league... We should bring in a vet!

Hopkins please come back :rolleyes:

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Hopkins would fare no better at this stage.

7. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

The preseason is not about winning, it's about evaluating your talent and considering who to cut to make the best out of what you've got. I believe that statement so much, but... you have to play well to evaluate talent. I thought that the Titans would be trying to evaluate players more last night, but the offensive 1st stringers stayed in most of the game. It looked like in the fourth quarter that they were trying to win a regular season game. I believe that VY should get a lot of playing time, but I would have liked to see our future 2nd string QB come in and get reps. They must have already decided on which QB to cut, because I haven't seen a 3rd string QB since playing NO Saints and that was one drive per QB. That is alright, but I digress. Another point is the lack of interest and heart the team has for this sport. The whole game it looked like they knew they were going to lose so why try... The offense better just have a "gelling" problem right now. They had better get it fixed in the next few weeks also. I know that the theme for the offseason was to run the ball and eat clock, but for the last two games we have been force fed our own gameplan from other teams. It's also funny that when the D makes a bad play or no play at all, the camera switches to a panicy Schwartz calling coverage which doesn't seem to work on the next play either. After the Bronco game there were a bunch of fans worried about the defense especially. Others said "it was a fluke" and "it's just one preseason game!" Well, now it's 2 poorly played preseason games going on a 3rd I fear. We are going to be picking top 5 in the draft next year if this continues. That may be a good thing for next season, but I am a little tired of watching the Titans hurt themselves and just plain suck. I fell asleep watching that game last night... I should NEVER fall asleep watching a Titans game! I think that some of the first string players fell asleep on the bench by the 4th quarter also... It's sad, but... it's only preseason. We all know that the Titans will magically be a top 10 team when the regular season starts. :rolleyes:

8. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Boy, does that part sound familiar. Jeff Fisher was saying that every week for the past two seasons. I don't want to hear that bull **** again this year. When will it get fixed???:rolleyes:

9. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Hoppy looked like a matador last season, or an Usher showing a movie goer to his/her seat......"Right this way Mr. Freeny, your seat on Mr. Mcnair's back is right this way..." :ha:

Na, loved the dude, wish he stayed healthy. Him and Mac9 were the last links to the superbowl team, player wise.

10. zackmann

zackmann Guest

thoughts from last night:

volek only looked good in the no huddle hurry up offense...when he has to drop back on regular paced offense, he is a sitting duck ready to get sacked...

we have no running game and it is the offensve line's fault....what to do?

ben troupe is going to be great this year...

bobby wade deserves to make the team...good pickup...

I'm afraid the big play will kill us all year long on defense...

i'm pleased with what I see from Vince...I like the way he runs the offense...I like his poise...his mojo...

If we struggle like this on offense and defense the first few games of the season, I'm ready to just give the team over to Vince...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar