Post Falcons Game Thoughts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Our only success was when we did.

Is there a conspiracy going on that we have to be the worst team in football because we went to the SuperBowl 7 years prior? Is this crapiness prearranged?

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

man law: no wr shall run any routes shorter than the first down marker on 3rd down.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Oh yeah. Good side: The starting Dline will be the same as last year when the season starts. We just have no depth. Hooray.

You know, maybe when the season starts, we'll be scheming, and it'll work. Magic!

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

MAN LAW!

Good one. :ha:

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

write it down

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

This season's difference makers, defense, I think:

Bulluck
    Haynesworth
    Thornton
    Pacman

Honorable mention: KVB - that motor will be going, I'm just afraid it won't be getting anywhere.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

This season's difference makers, offense, I think:

Troupe
    Brown - the difference would be not even close to a half of decent running; we'll somehow be glad we still have him this year.

Honorable Mention

David Givens - I'd like to say something about him, but it's hard when you haven't seen him yet.

LenDale White - It'll be nice to pick up the occasional 3rd and short, or the goalline TD, but we won't have our back until he takes conditioning and work ethic very very seriously. I know our line has issues, but I sense we won't have that elite back we believe he can be until he realizes he's not going to coast by on his talent alone on this level.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I disagree

D - Sirmon, Laboy, Woolfolk and Nickey are the playmakers

O - Piller, Henry, Brown and Fleming are the playmakers

wait you meant POSITIVE plays. yeah your probably right.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

:ha: You had me going for a second.

10. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Reality setting in

Tonight was a real awakening for me. I have always had hope. I have been a fan of the Oilers/Titans since '88. I have always felt like we had a chance. I too, again after reading about how well ther OTA's were going, and how camp seemed to be going good, how competetion is fueling position battles and getting better production out of players. I never believed in Pre-season games determing anything, but now I am realizing we are really not that good. We keep getting gashed by anyone running the ball. We can't stop bootlegs of any kind, our Offense moves the ball somewhat, but not nearly enough to compete in our division. Everyone keeps beefin about how bad the D is because Schwartz is a terrible coordinator which he is, but in his defense (pardon the pun) it still does not make up for linebackers and D-line men always out of position, bitting on any and every fake thrown at them. Here's the truth about our coodinators, they are not that great true indeed, but the players have to carry some of that blame as well. Talent + a good system equals success, you can't have one without the other and be consistent. Everyone says that we have talent, and I that is true to an extent. True talent can make a system, it's rare that a system can make a talent. True talent means that no matter what system you put that player in he can and will be successful. Here's a laundry list of our "Talent"
    1. Keith Bulluck 2. Drew Bennett 3. Kevin Mawae 4. Ben Troupe 5. Vince Young 6. LenDale White 7. Albert Haynesworth 8. Pacman Jones 9. Stephen Tulloch( from what I can tell) 10. Craig Hentrich. Period. That's it. I think we wasted our money on the other free agents except for Mawae. They even look terrible (Thorton is playing ok, but what speed??) Hope keeps getting ran over and ran by, and he has no burn. We are playing with two free saftey's..... no one to bring the wood in the secondary, except Pac and that's bad. We have mid grade talent and low level coaches. I still believe in Jeff Fisher, that because it's hard to go from Eddie George, Steve McNair, Derrick Mason, Jevon Kearse, Samari Rolle, Blaine Bishop, Marcus Robertson, etc, etc, etc... Mike Hermindinger, and Gregg Williams too, and keep that winning tradition............ not an excuse, it's the truth. All I have to say is Damn, reality is setting in for me fast. Sorry peoples for the long post.:sad2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar