Post 'Bud' Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Aug 28, 2011.

?
  1. Yes - for the better (more aggessive when needed)

23 vote(s)
    59.0%
  2. Yes - for the worse

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
  4. I dont know....

12 vote(s)
    30.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

And they beat us to get there...

2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

^^What he said.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Well I guess they could've went all Bud Adams and the Titans on Fitz, locked him out of the facilities, then traded him for far less than he's worth...

But instead they are developing a good reputation amongst the league that they will take care of their own.

4. Alex1939

And yet the Pats went out and signed Ocho Cinco and AH for reasonable deals.

And wasn't it a few years ago that Stallworth took less money to sign with the Pats then elsewhere...

Why can they get away with what they do, and why do players want to sign with them... Championships! If we had championships we could act like the Pats and still have players wanting to play for us at a discount... but we don't.

5. Alex1939

Fantastic post, completely agree regarding the wrs.

A lot of posters will sensationalize that if you criticize the Titans moves you are advocating spending like the Redskins and the Raiders and that's simply untrue.

6. Alex1939

To be fair regarding Boldin, the trade was for a 3rd and 4th in 2010. (also the Ravens received a 2010 5th rounder of the Cards)

So we would not have been able to draft Damien Williams or Alt Verner if we had made the trade.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

lol god damn it....i worked hard on that initial post...looooong and bolded and ****.... and than shot down hahaha

i really like ATV, and as for williams i really liked him a lot too, until i saw him drop all those pases in the preseason and now i have my doubts....but i still think he can b a big playmaker.

but in general, i still feel we try too much to make role players stars....and it works sometimes - in fact its essential to have most of your team home grown - but you cant get a ring trying to sign these weak FA's to be starters. you fill OUT with them not FILL up with them...so to say

8. Alex1939

I'd rather have Boldin than DWill and AltVerner.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

this guy only cares about money... i like the packers ownership model better than the old man aristocracy

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well considering we're always above the average in spending I don't see where else you can go except with the ridiculousness of the Raiders/Redskins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar