Post 'Bud' Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Aug 28, 2011.

?
  1. Yes - for the better (more aggessive when needed)

23 vote(s)
    59.0%
  2. Yes - for the worse

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
  4. I dont know....

12 vote(s)
    30.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

This is not exactly a nice topic, but saw another article that got me thinking about this.

Ive been with this franchise a long time, very long time and so has Bud. I know he controls more than you think with this franchise. I feel like some decisions need to go through him - don't believe me, give these two articles a read through posted at the bottom.

I don't mean any offense, but how will we be after. Is his kid, i think he's something to do w/ operations going to be more aggressive when he takes over - will he take over? Will we ever pay our deserving players before its too late?

Debate....

Two articles i was talking about

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110828/SPORTS01/308280071/David-Climer-s-time-Titans-pay-up-Johnson?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports%20Tennessee%20Titans

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_johnson_should_not_trust_titans_081411

(EDIT)

just found something saying....
    Adams said the Titans are prepared to stand firm as well, and that he will not get involved in the talks.

“That could be, but that's his decision. He's got to make that. I'm not going to interfere. If he doesn't want to come in and play, then he doesn't want to come in and play,” Adams said. - http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20110821_adams_cj_cant_get_deal_with_way_he_is_acting

this kind of clashes with the other article...im not sure even bout the point im making let alone the future......and thats what im voting for

2. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

First off I thank bud for the Titans but beyond that I don't like him and think he may be holding the team back some.(understatement?) I know houston would dance on his grave if he dies with no ring but I think if he loosened the straps a bit he would get that ring..well better chance getting one IMO.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Whoever wrote that yahoo article is a douchebag. Plain and simple. I'd like to see where we are in terms of salary cap. Last time I saw it we were near the top 10 in terms of spending the most money. Sure. This franchise doesn't care about winning at all. That's why we had been the 8th winningest team in the league over our first 10 years as the Titans.

There are many things we've done that I don't approve of, but this article is a distasteful POS and should be ignored. I guess this guy thinks Daniel Snyder is a great owner since he overpays everyone.

Hahaha oh the author is none other than Jason Cole... A douchebag indeed. Have another twinkie, sir. And goodnight.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We've had 3 chances to win the superbowl, two of those times we lost because of coaching, not because we were cheap.

You want to spend money, follow the redskins or raiders.

5. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

Oh shucks I didn't read it my bad. Well I was refering to bud keeping Fisher for so long.
    Apologies

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Most teams that blow money on high end free agents stink. Look at the most successful teams, they build their teams through drafts, and smart acquisitions. Not breaking the bank for fat al's

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The redskins and raiders each have 3 superbowl wins....

And the raiders have been in a Superbowl more recently than us...

9. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

It's not a matter of spending money.

Bud is a part-time owner at this point. He isn't in tune to this franchise. He lives in a different state, flies in for some home games, doesn't go to away games and generally has no idea what's going on.

Not that any of that is necessarily bad, but when you have final say on every player contract and you have idea how this team is functioning, I can't say it's a good way to run things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar