Possible TE's for the Titans in free agency

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

You're on a roll! I couldn't agree more. Stevens and Thompson are good at what we use them for and so with Cook leaving all we need now is a receiving TE. Keller fits that perfectly.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Getting a 3rd TE is fine with me but why not just draft one? Spend god money on the interior of the OL and on the DL if we are going to spend it. Fans act like they are a candy store picking guys off the shelf. Just because we aren't paying Cook 6 mil a year doesn't mean we aren't better off using that 6 mil in the trenches were we better get improvement or we will continue to suck.

3. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Tony Gonzalez!

4. jamstapes

jamstapes Camp Fodder

Exactly.Shore up that o line and let cj run wild.A 4th rnd TE will work fine.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

How? Blocking TE who catches short passes. He's a good player but I don't want to depend on him next year as a starter.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We already know what we're getting from Stevens and we don't know how Thompson will develop, bring in a proven player who brings a mix of receiving and blocking ability. That will do far more for the offense than risking a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a TE at an already questionable position.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

The only time Stevens makes a catch is when he's left wide open, because the defense forgets about him and only thinks of him as a blocker. I like what he adds to this football team, but he'd be atrocious as a #1 TE,

8. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Taylor Thompson could do great things, now if Jake could just throw the ball within 10 feet of him. I mean the guy had a sure touchdown against the Packers and Jake missed him. If you can't aim at that behemoth then you can't hit anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar