Possible rule change to Pass Interference

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 24, 2015.

?
  1. 15-yards

70.0%
  2. ball on the spot of the foul

30.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Needs to be similar to facemask and running-into-kicker type rules.
    15yds for minor interferance, spot of foul for flagrant "taking out" of a receiver (used in the most dire cases).

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

quick question for you.

say youre running down a ball carrier, he's about to score, you have next to no chance at a clean tackle, you'd absolutely facemask that guy right? Or you letting him score?

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I've seen that happen a few times (one famous Giants/Skins game on MNF - happened on a kickoff) and in black and white terms, yes the penalty is less than the sure 6pts..
    Personally I'm against breaking a guy's neck to save 6pts - but that isn't the question I think..

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

or not get called at all if its tha Aint's in Nashville. Took down all 4 Titan WRs and not a flag was dropped.

Game Over Dude!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

they already do...

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Refs determining what constitutes a serious penalty hasn't seemed to be nearly as much of a problem as the black/white stuff like completions, fwd passes etc.
    I say let everything be a 15yd PI unless the defender tackles or grabs arms.
    Subject to replay..
    Not so difficult to discern.

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

With a sh!++y secondary, we're f***ed either way.

8. FishFearMe

FishFearMe Starter

Interesting discussion, and all good points about possibility of receivers being mugged beyond 15 yards. One variation that could work is to make it a 15 yard penalty..UNLESS that penalty is committed in the end zone. Make PI in the EZ automatic ball spot on the 2 yard line. Resolves the end of game Hail Mary question. Similar logic to offensive holding in the end zone being automatic safety instead of yardage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar