Possible QB

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by LetsGoTitans24, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LetsGoTitans24

LetsGoTitans24 Camp Fodder

Hi this is my first post here so I'm probably not going to be as well known as most here, but I do read majority of the posts on this site and find them extremely entertaining and knowledgeable. Anyway's what has anyone heard about the possibility of us grabbing D.J shockley in the second round. Not a bulldog fan or anything, but I have been fairly impressed with him watching him play. I know his passing isn't as fine tuned as some other's, but much like Vince Young(who may not come out) I could see him leading this offense. He has the same attributes as vince and if Mcnair decides not to retire and rework his deal for 1-2 more years wouldn't Chow be able to fine tune his mechanics? This in my view would let us use our top 10 pick on something such as a phenom linebacker or a different position.. again just a idea I've wondered bout.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Welcome to the forum.

Personally, I think Shockley has speed but lacks the ideal size and arm strength that the NFL covets. If he has a big Senior Bowl and Pro Day, it may push him up as a mid-round pick. Great Blue North has him the #10 ranked QB right now, for what that's worth.

3. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

The thing about Shockley is, he hasn't started until this year and still saw limited action due to injury. If he can put that behind him, have a good Senior Bowl and Workout, he could bump himself up some. But in all respect, it might take him longer to get ready then say, a Vince Young.

4. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

shockley just doesnt have what it takes.... he's just a faster tee martin if you ask me

5. danny

danny Guest

Could Cutler fall to the second ? If Young stays in, it may push Cutler up into the bottom of the first round.

6. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

i hope so...
    cutler could be amazing... or he could just throw it up for grabs half the time...
    but then again thats what farve did/does and nobody hates brett

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He has won a few superbowls and MVPs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar