Possible Coaches?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

1916. Dude are you a time traveler?

• LOL LOL x 2
  2. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Can not wait until the last game is over so we can officially start the coaching search.

Relieve Mularkey of his duties the next day after the game.
    Fire RW
    Pronto !

3. PATitanFan

PATitanFan Guest

Hue Jackson has done an excellent job with Dalton & McCarron. Mariota has more talent than both, imagine what he could do with him. Add in some weapons and lineman to protect... sky is the limit. My vote is for Hue Jackson. However, get a GM in first and let that person select the head coach.

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. SRW293

SRW293 Starter

No , one to many Crown and gingers last night

5. Flyguy13

Flyguy13 Camp Fodder

In order these are my coaching hopefuls
    1. Butch Jones-why not he's a young guy and is a great recruiter
    2. Nick Saban-I think we could sway him away from bama
    3. Kerry Collins- bring back Nashville royalty
    4. Denis Erickson- he is a proven winner he got the Job done at Miami that team would've been horrible without his coaching
    5. Bill Billicheck- I think Bill is one of the most underrated coaches in America I think with a good offer we could bring him in heck why don't we bring Tom Brady in as the OC

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. Clay8312

Clay8312 Rookie

7. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Admittedly, the more I think about the next head coach of the Titans the more I like McDaniels. I obviously like Jackson as well, but for some reason really think McDaniels may be slightly better for Marcus. Reason being how McDaniels tailors his offense. An article on ESPN pretty much broke down McDaniels offense with Tom Brady and showed how he tailors an offense specifically to his players and how he creates high % throws in absence of a running game and how Brady feast on defenses running them. It really made me like him a lot honestly.

In any case, my biggest concern is that this team exercises patience this time around. We need to understand that we are not in the same position as we were two years ago. In my opinion, two years ago we rushed into a decision to hire Whiz because the coaches we were really interested in were on playoff teams. The team wasn't sure they were going to be able to land one of the top picks and hired Whiz who was available as a result. This time around we need to really be patient. All of the top potential coaches, with exception of Gase are on playoff bound teams. This means if we were to go after one of them, it will have to be after their respective teams lose. The team needs to understand that their chances will probably be significantly higher to land a top tier coach this year. The reason is because we have a budding defense with the presence of Dick and Horton, we have a potential franchise QB with a very high ceiling, and armed with probably a top 2 pick in the draft next season. We have an owner in Amy who is primed to introduce change in the front office (hopefully with all the expiring contracts). This could be a really really good landing spot for a coach. The most important of all those points is the presence and emergence of Marcus. As one GM said, if you don't have a franchise caliber QB the search for him consumes you. We may have one, and its rare for coaching vacancies to emerge with one great QBs.

The only risk to us is really the Browns. Even though their QB situation isn't as settled as the Titans they also will have a top 2 pick. Meaning a coach could potentially draft the best QB in the draft and get their guy. So I say wait, I'd rather wait and have the coach we really want tell us no (if that were to happen) and inject another interim coach than to rush into another bad decision as we did with Whiz.

#677 cozmicfool, Jan 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

If 1916 happens we won't have anyone to play lol

9. TennesseeTom

TennesseeTom Starter

I think I've decided on my final list, in order:
    1. Hue Jackson
    2. Josh McDaniels
    3. Adam Gase

Gotta admit though, as Monday nears I'm getting very nervous. Hopefully they move fast on the new GM, so we can begin the HC hiring process. We may lose out on Gase as a result of this. I expect him to be gone quick since he can instantly be signed. Get a new GM, and one these three HC and the future in Nashville will be bright.

10. kenny

kenny Starter

Yea I am really concerned about the lack of a sense of urgency this team is showing right now. We have had a big head start on this off season. Yet the Eagles, who just fired their HC is already interviewing. I know it was an in house interview, Duece Stately; but we have at least one in house candidate we know we will interview regardless of weather he deserves the job. (Mularkey)..... Why is it that team is always sitting on it's hands when the time to act is now??

I mean at this point in the year why do we need a GM in house?? Why can we not at the least start a GM search and be ready to interview quality HC candidates?? If we keep playing nice like we have; we will continue to suck as we have......It is time for SOMEONE with this team to get their ass in gear and get this team going in the right direction.

As it sits right now; I will not be shocked to see Webster brought back. He ABSOLUTELY should not be. However, a lack of any kind of news about Webster (Other than his expiring contract) is concerning to me.

Maybe they just have the attitude of: We only have a few days left, no reason to not let him finish this year. I REALLY hope so. After years of seeing this team wait for the last minute to move; I am very leery of the lack of movement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar