Positives ..........

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanMark, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidc502

davidc502 Starter

Exactly... Defense did a pretty good job of containing. However, they (texans offense) really didn't have to show or prove anything. They were always in control and always had the lead.

2. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

I don't think we beat the Vikings they maybe one of the most underrated teams in the NFL, they put it on the Lions. Also buffalo will be a shoot out and we will have to outscore them, and seeing that its in buffalo I think that's a loss also. So three more wins for sure this year.

3. davidc502

davidc502 Starter

Since I've been a Titan's fan (going back to the Oiler days), we have NEVER matched up well against the Vikings. To assume this game goes to the advantage of the Titans is a mistake. Not to say they can't win, but it doesn't look promising. Too many fundamental problems to overcome (like discipline).

Going back to 1974 the Titans/Oilers are 4-7-0.

4. amy

amy Starter

Does anyone think we have improved any from the first game?

5. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

He had 97 before the final td drive.

Your theory is stupid.

6. SINCE 1979

SINCE 1979 Camp Fodder

Blame Chris J for the lose, he didnt tackle, he didnt block, he throw 1 pick for a TD, but he did kick 2 extra points smh:cuss:

7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

1. O-Line & CJ - He was decisive and that helped guide the line to block well. The line was also assertive in their blocks. Line actually opened some holes too and held some of their blocks. CJ fell forward a lot too - instead of sideways or backwards... But like TitanJeff said, lets hope its not an isolated game.
    2. Morgan - He played another really solid game. He sealed off his edge for almost the entire game against a solid run O. No sacks again, but while holding his lanes I think he rushed the passer well.
    3. Casey - He played really well today: eating up double teams effectively, pushing the pocket, and making some nice stops too.
    4. ATV & JMAC - Both played well.
    5. Brit / Lock Talking on the Sidelines - Yeah not much positive in the game today, so im counting this as one of them - they were developing some chemistry - LOL. No, but in all seriousness, I hope they were like 'we ain't never gonna let this happen to us when we play.'
    Back to reality, if you watch closely obviously all those players I listed above (Morgan, Casey, ATV, JMAC) probably had some bad moments, but for the most part against a top O, they did really really well.

The D in general really kept the team in the game, but against Houston, you need some O and as usual Matt couldn't deliver. D was kept out their too long and you can't expect them to hold forever. The O not only needs to give them a rest but needs to score to help keep them hungry.

Thing is the way the D played early definitely makes me believe that had the offense shown up (Lock not gotten injured coupled with an actual effective running game for once), the score probably woulda looked a lot different. Also, that sounds pretty good and I havn't even factored in a healthy Britt.

Another positive I guess is that this game helped me put to sleep any fear or uncertainty that this should be Locker's team... Please keep the ball away from Matt until told otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar