Position Primer 2013 - Wide Receiver

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Why are you re-signing Preston and giving him more money? He's already under contract til 2014 for half a million.

2. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

That's what we thought last year.... boy were we wrong...

Also.. Stedman Bailey.... because I'm biased!

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yeah I edited it. I thought he was a FA.

4. JCBRAVE

Yea but last year was different wasn't it.....

Kenny was a question mark, now he's healthy (sorta) and hasn't been arrested. We can move past WR in the draft unless there's some great value later in the draft.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Whatever happened to Damian Williams?

6. JCBRAVE

He went on IR

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't think we'll see any change in this unit except for drafting a WR if a talent slides late. The Titans seems to like to use the late pick on someone with pure speed. There's just too many other holes to fill, IMO, to use one earlier.

They have too much invested in Britt to give up on him for another year though I don't think they can count on him to be the player he looked to be early last season. KW will only get better. Williams has shown flashes and didn't get enough opportunity, IMO. I keep Washington for another season. They seem to like Preston but Hawkins should have never been signed. Mariani is a question mark and may have to fight Reynaud for a roster spot.

They need to improve the drops but a lot of improvement happens with this unit if they can get better QB play.

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

How do we have too much invested in Britt? From a money standpoint he is cheap. Heck Hawkins is scheduled to make more than Britt next yr.

He is the perfect guy to let play out his deal and then franchise him if he has a great year next yr. I would NOT give him an extension this offseason unless he is willing to take a really low offer which I doubt will happen.

I try to get a true #1 WR and then if we do then try to trade Washington or cut him late in camp if we need the cap room.

No way do we draft a WR in the first 3 rnds

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Britt, Washington, and Wright have the top 3 locked up for the next year. So unless the staff plans on making Washington the #4 guy then it's really doubtful we take a WR high. The position doesn't seem that deep in the draft right now so hopefully we just sign someone for depth and invest another high draft pick next year when we decide to not bring Britt back.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

watch britt not make the team next year

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar