Position Primer 2013 - Guard/Center

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

The person that gave amano that kind of money should be arrested for theft!

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

He got fired at least.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Amen to that! Amano should have NEVER gotten that contract. He was aight as a G but I feel like Mawae and the rest of the guys were carrying his ass and when he moved to C he was exposed as the puss that he is.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Cut Amano
    Hutch retires
    Harris cheap deal for depth or gtfo
    Bring back Velasco and stick him at Center
    Sign a good OG (I seriously don't care who, any of the top guys will do)
    Draft Warmack

If we can't land a top OG still draft Warmack then go Jones/Fluker in the 2nd. Or whomever else, I guess he doesn't have to play for Bama.

If we don't fix the OL this off season then I'm hunting down Munchak and Matthews and will kick them in the leg and run. Seriously, more protection for Locker and better lanes for CJ. Our two franchise offense players, no duh improve the OL right?

Btw is there a thread like this for TE yet? We need another blocking TE, Thompson was decent at times and Cook is ugh. We need more than Stevens. Ideally Cook is gone, we bring in a solid pass catcher who can also block, Thompson develops, and we have a nice trio.

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

^I hope Cook is gone too. His completely awful blocking and his brick hands don't make up for the one great play he makes every 4 weeks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Agreed.

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I hope to get the TE primer done today.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Okay just wondering, thanks for these threads.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

with a katana

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I wouldn't mind keeping Amano IF he redoes his deal, and we make him a back up. After seeing all the injuries this year, I want good depth. Amano can be good depth since he (like Velasco) can play G/C, and I think he would be good at it as far as 2nd string guys go. But the dude isn't starter material, and isn't worth what we are paying him. So if he won't restructure, then cut his ass ... he will come crawling back when nobody signs him to be their starting C.

Also bring back Velasco for depth. He is serviceable and would make a good backup. Plus the versatility is valuable.

Bring in at least 1 FA G (Andy Levitre), but the more the merrier IMO. Then spend at least 1 of our 1st 2 draft picks on a G/C, but I wouldn't even be mad if we spent both picks on interior OL.

So our interior OL would look like:

Levitre - draft - FA/draft

with Amano (if cheap) and Velasco as interior OL depth.

Completely new interior OL from last year

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar