Pollard wants (and is) out

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Slip Stafford in at SS and go after Devin McCourty in FA. Won't even matter if Pollard is on the team by then.

It is a bit worrisome that we keep hearing about the team needing a culture shock (still) and if a lot of players aren't happy with Whiz. Not sure if they're unhappy with Whiz because he's making changes or if he's actually a pretty bad HC. Maybe both.

2. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Yea it is really hard to purge the previous regime's taste in player's mouth. I'd love to have the McCourty twins on our team.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I would love this. Griffin to McCourty would be a huge upgrade. It could happen, Tavon Wilson could be starting for NE next year if they don't want to pay Devin.

4. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

I'm all about having the twins here. If Pollard wants out them I wish him the best of luck somewhere else.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

There is a reason Pollard has played on numerous teams in his career. Nobody considered him essential.

He's never made big money he is a linebacker sized SS who is weak in coverage and not even that great against the run. There are not many true SS types in the league anyway since coverage has become more important.

Sign McCourty, extend Griffin by 2 years and we are covered at safety for 3 seasons. Griffin might have to move to SS but he covers well for a SS.

6. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I have no issues with this plan at all. Griffin might be a little better at SS than McCourty, but McCourty is a better cover guy for sure.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Extend Griffin? WHY?!?!?!? He's already nearly the highest paid player on the team. Does he play like it? He has a cap hit of over $8mil for the next 2 seasons.

He can cover better than Pollard, but so what? He's not great in coverage and he is a poor tackler and one of the reasons teams can run on us!!! Get him out. McCourty at FS and a combo of Stafford vs the run and Huff in passing situations is vastly superior!!! And saves us money as McCourty, a PRO BOWLER, will be only a little more than Griffen!!!

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

You are talking like McCourty is a lock to come to Nashville. No one wants to come here, our current players are trying to leave for god sake. Griffin is the best we are going to get for this season at FS most likely, but I doubt he reworks his contract because it seems he & Pollard share the same view about the team. Pollard was tagging Griffin in all his tweets where fans were bashing him so he could see it.

I agree that Griffin isn't great but we don't have a lot of options and unless we give McCourty the whole bank he will likely remain in NE.

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/devin-mccourty-free-agency-home

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Well, if it's true he wants out, let him go. The last thing we need is guys who don't want to be here right now. Lot of work to do to improve as a team. Don't need that stuff.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

ughhhh

this hasn't been a new thing for Griffin, or athletes in general.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar