Pollard wants (and is) out

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I doubt hiring Horton will make pollard want to stay, its not like he's a young player with a lot to learn.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Pollard is Pollard, never gonna change that guy. He wont care about this move at all IMO.

3. JCBRAVE

Since you mention it, not all expansion teams suck for long... just saying.
    Jags only took 2 years to go from not existing to making a playoff appearance, same for the Panthers.

Now Houston is something else, they came along at a bad time for them because of us and Peyton Manning being around.

Any half decent coach can jump start a franchise, but he needs a QB. Houston failed because of this where Carolina and Jacksonville succeed. Then when the Titans and Manning stopped being the division leaders Houston and a half good QB come along and get to the playoffs. Its all about the QB people...

Real question is what degree of QB is Mettenberger? Kerry Collins/Jake Delhomme or David Carr/Byron Leftwhich? He doesn't have to be a stud, but he can't be the latter.

Bernard Pollard once said Zach Metteneberger will be great in this league, Im surprised he wants out thinking Mett is close, thats because he knows he's getting cut regardless, trying to make this about him, smart move Pollard, but see ya..

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Pollard had a good first season with us. After that, all he's done is run his mouth. Cut him loose.

5. JCBRAVE

He also nearly snapped one of our assistant coaches leg in half with his foolish penalties.

But we knew he was that guy from the start, will give you some big hits, inject some excitement into the team, but then fizzle out and give up a 15-yard pass.

He's not an every down player, which makes him a liability at times.

6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Does anyone really want polamamllamau

7. JCBRAVE

Not really, dude been on the decline for some time. Plus he's about to retire I think.

8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I'd take him on a 1 year deal. Polla > Griffin.

9. UK_Titan_Zool

UK_Titan_Zool Special Teams Standout

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/po...-jason-michaels-full-plate-instead-of-his-own

I'm not used to a head coach throwing people under the bus or this is the impression that Paul.K leaves me with.

Sorry first time poster... But had to send this link to you guys...

Is this the result of an intentional tank.
    therefore Wiz is waving away all the problems because he is that confident in turning it all around because he got a big pick to play with.

All this kinda relates about Pollard wanting to leave.
    I'm not saying he is all pure intentions but there seems to be a nugget of truth about back office politics.

I'm used to liking my head coaches no matter how clueless they look on the side line.

Winning will cure all ills im sure.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

First off, welcome to the site. H5 for showing up and speaking up.

I am not a PK fan, but the Whis quotes are a bit troubling to me as well. He promotes Mularkey to ease burden on Jason Michaels.....really? Whis is calling the plays....

Whis does sound a bit lost here, sort of like he is grasping. I remember when I was a kid (grade school) we would scrimmage (flag football) against the next grade up.....normally whipping up on them as well LOL. That coach was clueless. He had three people that he wanted to play QB, so he played all three....putting the other two QBs on a double wing setup and designing plays for them all to pass. They never moved anywhere against us.

This whole double assistant head coach farce sort of reminds me of that LOL....especially given that with two "offensive coordinators" now Whis is still the one calling the plays. That just sounds to me like a clusterf@PK.

Hopefully I am wrong....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar