Pollard wants (and is) out

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Guys when I take a few steps back and look at our roster, it looks like we are an infant expansion team. My God!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We can thank Fisher, Reinfeldt, Munchak, and Webster for that.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Especially disappointed with the money and draft picks in our offensive line compared to the production

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Of course McCourty isnt a lock to come here. I'd make sure Griff knows if he doesn't take a significant paycut, he will be released. At this point I'd pencil in Huff at FS and Stafford at SS and look for a super star player like McCourty or possibly a draft choice to compete for the job. Griff is an average S at best and not worth an 8mil+ cap hit on a 2-14 team.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yeah, should have NOT re-signed him...let alone re-signed him for a gazillion dollars!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

Can't argue that his play has not been great but the only real veterans left on the defense are Casey(DL so can't really command the defense), Woodyard(yuck), McCourty(getting better..), and that's about it. He should be there to push the young guys if nothing else. I really hope we aren't stuck with Stafford and Huff at safeties this upcoming season or else I see us being 32nd against the pass for sure.

Also, Wilson is a FA this year and if he's best buddies with Pollard like Griff is we can probably kiss him goodbye as well. Which means we would have only Stafford and Huff... that's scary to think about.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I disagree, Ropati and Woods are vets on the DL who came from elsewhere. Martin isn't a rookie and neither is Klug if we bring him back. Zach Brown has been around quite a bit too. Williamson may not be a vet but he acts like one...makes D calls and is a good player. McCourty is a vet. it's not like we are throwing a bunch of rookies out there!

Griff wasn't exactly lighting it up in pass coverage either. if we drastically increase our pass rush, we should be a lot better next season if Huff replaces Griff (short of Huff be catestrophically bad). We will add 2 S's via free agency or draft if Griff, Wilson and Pollard are all out.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I wonder if Pollard still wants out. Eh who cares.

9. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

I was thinking that too.. maybe he'd reconsider with a legend running the defense now. I don't want him back after he called out the fans for the teams failure though, good riddance as far as I'm concerned. I do plan on tweeting him tomorrow to see what his thoughts are on the hiring though. Don't know if he will respond again but I'm damn sure gonna try.

Those lineman are vets but none are even guaranteed starters so I guess I don't see them as huge leaders.

Same with Zach Brown, I think he could be good but he only started playing real well for the back half of his rookie season and then was out all last season(in a new system), can't rely on him to lead while he's still learning.

Williamson is the bright spot and will be our leader I think, he was a great pick last year and seems to fit perfectly with the defense, but he only played about half a season as well. Granted he surpassed damn near every other defender on the team.. but is still learning and I am expecting some mistakes. He and Brown together could be great though if Brown lives up to his potential.

If we are stuck with Huff/Stafford only I pray we get McCourty or pay some other big name Safety. I am really worried about that position with only those 2 and potentially 2 rookies. Especially since our #2 pick will be for sure a pass rusher, or potentially QB, but I think we all agree it will likely be PR. (hopefully)

10. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar