Pollard says Titans have “sucked butt” but can turn it around

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Football Talk

Pro Football Talk Titans News

[​IMG]

The Titans have convened for the first minicamp of the Ken Whisenhunt era. One of the players who re-signed after the coaching change had some strong comments about last year’s version of the team.

“We have been a team where we have sucked butt,” safety Bernard Pollard said, via Terry McCormick of TitanInsider. “And I’m just being perfectly honest with you. We have sucked butt, and it’s time for us to turn that corner. Like I said last year and this year, we’re gonna knock the piss out of you. It’s gonna be fair. It’s gonna be within the lines — I may get one outside the lines or whatever — but that’s just who I am and that’s just who we are. It’s going to be a lot of fun doing it.”

Pollard, who first signed with the team in 2013, believes it will happen, but he’s feeling the urgency to do it.

“It’s time for guys to get on board,” Pollard. “We can’t waste another year. I don’t have that time. Other guys in here, we don’t have that time. The Super Bowl is where we want to be. Competing and winning 10-plus games is what we want to do. So we need to get it done.”

Of course, every other team has that same type of confidence this time of year, when everyone is 0-0 and anyone can win it all. For the Titans, major question marks on offense at quarterback and tailback could make it harder to turn that 0-0 into 10-6 or better in only one year.

That said, there’s nothing wrong with trying.

[​IMG]

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Haha he ain't lying. We tend to suck butt.

3. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Everytime Pollard gives an interview i'm always waiting for that F bomb to drop, just once. You can tell he controls what he says and rightfully so but i can definitely see him slipping one of these days.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Pollard keeps it 100

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

love his attitude, proud to have him as the face of our organization and the outspoken leader of our team

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Titans have "sucked butt" for the better part of the past decade. So ready for a new era.

7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Same was said last year. Another losing season later...

9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Dude is my favorite Titan not because of his attitude but because of his nick name: The Patriot Killer.

Dude after my own heart.

10. XO

XO Nevada Native

ESPN Presents 30 for 30

Michael Munchak: Tennessee Butt Sucks

Starring: Bernard Pollard, Chris Johnson and Rusty Smith.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar