Pollard rips into Hunter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jul 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Known for being one of the most vocal players in the NFL, Titans safety Bernard Pollard spent part of Saturday’s practice blistering the ears of rookie wide receiver Justin Hunter with some choice expletives.

Pollard said afterward it was nothing personal, but that he was merely trying to get Hunter – a second-round pick out of the University of Tennessee – used to playing in the NFL.

“Being a second-round pick … we messing with you,” said Pollard, who was a second-round pick himself back in 2006.

“We need you to produce . We want you to produce. This team is expecting you to produce. So I think if we can get into his head now, Sundays will be a lot easier. So that’s our goal, to get our offense as good as possible.”

It appeared Pollard was giving Hunter a very hard time about his ability to come across the middle on pass plays. But Pollard said it wasn’t necessarily that.

“You know, we’re just gonna’ mess with him every time,” Pollard said. “Just draft picks, period, we gonna’ mess with them. We’re gonna’ have fun out there. We understand this is our livelihood but at the same time it’s still a game.

“So for us messing with him, it’s getting him to understand what it’s like on Sundays, because he’ll be going against guys that are All-Pros that are going to do their best to get into (his) head. So if we can try to break him down as much as possible, and at the same time lift him back up, it’ll be all good.”

Hunter said Pollard had been telling him – in so many words – not to come across the middle.

“It’s part of the game,” Hunter said. “You know, you don’t really listen … But somebody talks to you, you gonna’ talk back and everything. That’s just being a man and all that, being competitive.”

Hunter said he had no problem with Pollard’s vocal manner.

Said Hunter: “That’s what we need.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News, Training Camp

Source: Titans Insider

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Great job, Pollard.

This is exactly what we need. Pollard will be a great addition to this team, physically and mentally.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

<3 you Bernard

4. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Agree completely...took the words right out of my mouth.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I was about to start looking for SawdustMan in the obituaries..

6. topcat986

topcat986 Starter

freakin love Pollards compete level and damn when he retires this guy is going to be a coach. His attitude I truly hope is contagious!

7. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Soooo... Pats fan too huh? This is Titans territory dude!

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

hmm thought there was a chance Pollard literally ripped into Hunter but this is better I guess

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. topcat986

topcat986 Starter

It is a picture of one of the 122 jerseys I own so get over it quickly okay. Just a hint I am a Titans fan and was an Oiler fan and if that is not enough suffering and loyalty for you to move on then stfu okay?

• High Five High Five x 4
  10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Drew Bledsoe, is that you??

I'm sorry, it's hard to take someone as a fan if they are wearing another teams jersey.. Sorry, but that's just me.

• High Five High Five x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar