Pollard: No reason to worry about the D

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I like the idea.Use 3 preseason games to evaluate talent it shouldn't take more than that to figure out who stays and who goes.17 games is great too that one extra game could be against an interconference opponent who finished with the same record.The two bye weeks are perfect as well so it balances the regular season out to 19 weeks.

17+3 still equals out to 20 games.Take away one preseason game add it to the regular season.

2. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

lol Preseason.

3. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I kinda agree with what Pollard said. We can't give our real D schemes away in worthless pre-season. Remember the Colts were always 0-4 in pre-season every year with Peyton. And even the Pats are getting killed by the Lions as we speak tonight. And it's even pre-season week 3 game.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

The last 2 seasons are no reason to be worried? lol kidding. I hope Pollard is right and this isn't just smoke and mirrors. Please be more aggressive this year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Fair enough.

Tomorrow night is the "official" dress rehearsal to the season. Don't give us a reason to worry about the D.

If the basics look bad... I'm going to be worried until I see it "fixed" against the Steelers.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Normally losses in preseason mean nothing to me, but its just that all Titan fans are so thirsty for something good to happen.

Sad really. I feel like a crack head who hasn't used in years but is still dying for some crack lol.

IDK if people realize it, but we haven't won a game that mattered since we thrashed the Dolphins 37-3 after getting rapped raw by the Bears the week before. That was in November 2012!

7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Our running game has been great so far, but when you look at this team you cant see it.

DEFENSE is like the ugly fat cousin thats always included in the family portrait. Sticks out like a sore thumb and you can only focus on that.

8. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I think an extra game would also help teams win a playoff spot more definitively than having to lose on the 5th tie breaker...... Yea that's right I'm still bitter Cincy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar