Pollard: Griffin reminds me of Reed

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Apr 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Relax people. He's not going to say Griffin sucks.

2. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

... what the...

Apparently Pollard's 40 time is not the only thing that is slow.....

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I personally think Pollard and Wilson will help make Griffin a better player. He was a solid safety for 3 yrs then dropped off when Hope started sucking

4. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I don't know what's worse, his comment or his dance.

5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Griffin reminds me of Donna Reed, although she was a better tackler.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I didn't need to read a single to reply to know you guys had a field day with this one haha

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

No player knows what a real safety is all about in the NFL these days if Pollard thinks Griffin reminds him of Ed Reed.

The real safety is no longer with us. RIP Sean Taylor.

8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I guess, but he is still wiffin way too much!

I watched a segment on NFL.com videos (think it was the 'state of the franchise' video) and it showed lapses of our defense, which ironically took the form of Griff missing 3 out of 3 tackles during that very short highlight...

Thought it was pretty darn accurate tbh..

9. BCTitans

BCTitans Starter

It's laughable to even compare Griffin to Reed.

I will say this though - Griffin is a good player...he just isn't good enough to build a defense around. He needs to have solid players around him for him to be successful.

I think a lot of people, including our staff, have too high of hopes for Griffin sometimes. He is a good player, but you have to be realistic with his abilities and put him in the right situation.

All that to say this - I like the attitude that Pollard has coming in. We need some positive thinking around the team.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Griffin is great when he's playing center field as a ball hawk. I also think having Pollard & Wilson will make Griffin a better player this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar