Poll: Who do you prefer as Titans defensive coordinator?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Jan 15, 2014.

?

Who do you want to be the Titans' next DC?

1. "Uncle Keith" Butler

36.9%
  2. Ray Horton

63.1%
  1. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 Rookie

Horton for me , them rows are sweet.
  2. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Starter

Horton doesn't have the rows anymore. Sorry guys.

At least he didn't this past season.
  3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I choose Williams.
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Gimme Horton. Considering I wanted Ray as the HC when we were hired Munch, having him as a DC is just as good!
  5. Young54

Young54 The KID

1a. Butler
    1b. Horton

I have to admit I'm buying the hype around Butler. Think about what he could do with our young LBs!!! It's exciting!
  6. CaptainInsano02

CaptainInsano02 Starter

Hey guys, I chose Horton because that's who it's probably going to be considering that Uncle Keith is staying...

P.S. He told me he was sorry over text and I don't think I can tell whether or not he's going to be going for their DC job next year...all depends on Lebeau obviously. I do know that there still could be a chance he becomes our DC if Horton (or whoever else it may be) takes a HC job after this year but that's his only opportunity now
  7. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Yea it looks like Horton is the guy
  8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

Awesome. Horton will be a huge asset to our defense. Can't wait to be the kind of D that dictates to the offense instead of sitting back and praying they don't smoke us. I wanted Horton last year and this move alone makes bringing Whizenhunt on board worth it.
  9. Gut

Gut Starter

Yes, you are looking at these stats with...wishful thinking. 23rd in points but top 10 in yards means 3 things. A less helpful offense (as you pointed out), an inconsistent defense (meaning they get a fair share of 3 and outs but when they give up drives, they give up touchdowns), and bad red zone defense.

I'll pass. I'd rather hire a guy who did better...not worse.
  10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

I just remember that in the Browns games I saw this season the defense scratched and clawed to keep them in games but an ineffective offense kept putting them in bad positions. I saw a lot of positives in that season. Your concerns are valid but I really think Horton will be a good fit for us and what we are trying to accomplish.