POLL: Roughly how many games do The Titans win this season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jun 20, 2011.

?
  1. 0-4

8 vote(s)
    14.5%
  2. 5-8

36 vote(s)
    65.5%
  3. 9-12

8 vote(s)
    14.5%
  4. I'm 100% homer: 13-16

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well there is always 'Hope' against Denver

2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

4-12

I only see us winning 1 of our divison games (JAX) and the other 3 from the non-divison opponents (Denver, Cincy, and Buffalo)

Going to be a rough season.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Based on our schedule, the most realistic optimistic result would be 11 wins (vs Jags, Broncos, Browns, Texans, Colts, Bengals, Panthers, Bucs, Bills, Jags, and Texans). I think it unlikely that we can sweep the Jags and Texans as well as beat all of these teams given new schemes and little practice time.

The most unrealistic scenario I could see would be 6 wins (vs Jags, Browns, Texans, Bengals, Panthers, Bills).

So somewhere between 6 and 11 wins with us likely closer to the lower number due to rookie QB, changing schemes, no practice/installations/etc.).

Gut

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

A new coaching staff is an upgrade for us. We've needed this change for a long time. This doesn't mean that we will immediately become better. Logically, we will become worse especially with all the lockout issues.

Saying that we will be in the playoff hunt is unrealistic... Just as it would have been unrealistic to say we'd have the best record in the NFL in 2008 before the season began. It's not impossible for us to be in the playoff hunt, but it's as close to impossible as you can get.

Also, look at our schedule. If you can find 10 wins in there, you're nothing short of a homer.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

It depends on how fast the coaching staff can get their new philosophy into play. And it's not unrealistic at all.

How many times do you see teams make a coaching change and improve the very next year? Pretty often.

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Exactly. And the answer is not fast at all. We still don't have coaches and players practicing together; its dam near July. There is no chance that Jake Locker has control over the offense week 1. That takes a long time and he hasn't even got started yet.

7. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

There is no realism to predicting things like this. Realism would be around 8-8 like any team in the league is able to go (a bad team overacheving or good team underacheiving) with relative ease. Optimism for ANY NFL team prediction is over .500-.600 and anything under .400 or so is pessimism, not realism. Realistically, we will likely win around 8 games because most teams in the NFL do. We have no history of terrible coaching coming into this season, no history of terrible personnel remaining at starting positions, and no reason to think the team will do amazing because of similar reasons to the contrary. Realists say about .500, what you're describing is pessimism.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

the QB situation is kinda unsetteling.

kfc or the rifle or Locker or a player to be signed later.

I say Locker but hes never taken a snap.

9. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

8-8 +/- 2 games.
    This team has talent.
    But, there will be a lot of transition.
    Offense and defenses have new coaches with new schemes edit: (partially new on offense 50%) and the team has a new QB.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I went with 9-12.. I'm hoping for a 9-7 record this year, and i'm being a bit optimistic I know.

Personally I think the Titans could be a good team.

Hopefully we can pickup a seasoned vet, my hope is Hasselbeck. I'm also hoping Locker gets a shot towards the end of the years and does great (like Tebow did).

Then hoping CJ has another good year, 1400+ yards 10+ TDs is what I see. I'm also hoping we can re-sign CJ for 4-5 years.

As for the receiving corp, i'm very excited on.. Britt needs to get his head out his @$$. Two young guns Mariani and DWill should step up. Washington and Gage really shouldn't be on the field. I also hope Stevens and Cook step up.

As for our D, I'm hoping we re-sign Babin for cheap and resign Tulloch. We should have a solid line with Babin - JJ - Brown - Morgan. Morgan needs to come up big in year 2, he had a glimpse of being a solid player before he got hurt. As for LB, McRath always impressed me, and hopefully improves with the 10+ lbs he added and Witherspoon looked solid and if a LB slips up Ayers, Curran, McCarthy are waiting for a shot. ATV and McCourty should have another year and I expect ATV to have a great Year 2. Our biggest question is Chris Hope.

Basically I think we could turn some heads, we had a solid rookie class last year and some other young guys that could be impact players. We just need to get focused and stay healthy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar