Poll: Lowest point for Titans fans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 8, 2012.

?
  1. The Super Bowl loss

6 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. The '01 Playoff loss to the Ravens (24-10)

6 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. The '09 Playoff loss to the Ravens (13-10)

14 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. 4-12 record in '05

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  5. Right now

38 vote(s)
    48.7%
  6. 59-0 blowout to the Pats (by request)

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Good point.

Even when times were bad, fans loved the face of the team—McNair, Eddie and Wycheck.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The losses to Baltimore are the easily the worst. Those were "our" years, snapped off by an arch enemy. This year, as ugly as it is, is just a bad season. The pain of this season will go away once they start winning again..

The Baltimore playoff losses still devastate and always will.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

There was no shame in the SB loss as heartbreaking as it was.

The 59-0 game though, was a disgrace, and needs to be added. And what's even more disgraceful than the scoreboard was the fact, even after Bill "run up the scoreboard" Belichick took pity on us, we opted to run out the clock instead of trying to at least score a TD. I've never been more ashamed of being a Titans fan than I was during that game, and that's why that game is a no brainer for me.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

It could be worse. There are several teams whose fans I do not envy:
    • Miami -- Idiot owner, bigger idiot GM
    • Buffalo -- 93 year old owner who is beyond cheap and could care less about the team. Saddest part, when he dies the team will probably end up moving.
    • Dallas -- Megalomaniac owner. He does not want to win, he wants to be the reason the team wins. Not a good thing.
    • Washington -- Another megalomaniac who aspires to be another Jerry Jones. Ends up overspending on crap and undermining his coaches.
    • San Diego -- Eli was smart not to want to go there. How is Norv Turner still the head coach?
    • Cleveland -- Team moves to Baltimore just before it gets good. They get a new team with the old name who are beyond pathetic.
    • Oakland -- Al's daughter is proving to be a chip off the old block which is bad in Oakland.
    • Cincinatti -- Team puts more criminals and head cases on their roster than even Oakland. The franchise has been a basketcase for about 25 years. Marv Lewis should win coach of the year every time he manages a winning record there.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yes for me because I flew up there and paid top dollar to see that game. I tried to leave early but got caught in brutal traffic in that C-F infrastructure. (I should have just drank more beer and taken the train back.)

6. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

09 was the most painful for me. We had such a monster team...

Now, we just suck. So I don't even expect anything.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

SHould've included the Drew Bennett drop against New England in the playoffs and the end of the 1st half against the Raiders in the AFC Championship game.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The 0-5 start in 06 might be a contender but expectations were less for that team than this one.

9. pettso

pettso Starter

This hit the nail on the head. I didn't realize it until I read it, but man you're spot on.
    I don't care for anyone on the team because I don't feel like anyone on the team has really put their heart out there and really worked their ass off for the team.

Finnegan was the only player on defense that played with any kind of fire and they let him walk only to sign McCourty for about the same amount. Sweet. McCarthy seems like he cares, but he's too injured to do anything about it. Same deal with Locker.

I honestly care more about Rusty Smith than half the Titans' roster. I wouldn't mind seeing him out there next week. Why bother starting Hasselbeck at this point? The season is screwed and he's on his way out anyway.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This thread is not helping with the Monday blahs.

:anon:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar