POLL: Chris Brown or Corey Dillon

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jun 16, 2007.

?
  1. Chris Brown

21 vote(s)
    39.6%
  2. Corey Dillon

14 vote(s)
    26.4%
  3. Lendale-Henry is fine by me

18 vote(s)
    34.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

man you must have been really drunk.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Even scarier,8 pints of beer will do that for half the price,:eek:

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Everyone is entitled to an opinion of course but yeah I agree.. Old or not Dillon would probably beat all those guys for the #1..

Dillon has gained 1000 yards in all but three of his 10 years in the league and that includes one season injured and one splitting time with Maroney (but still scored 13 TDs).
    He ran for 1600 yards and averaged 109 ypg as recently as 2004...

Brown had one 1000 yd season and has never had more than 6 TDs in a year..

4. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Brown averaged almost 100 yds per game as recently as 2004...

5. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

I realize that, just yapping.

Brown is soft, & 'tis not that debatable. The choice is quite obvious. Move forward. We need veteren leadership in ANY form (at this point,) & having deadwood Brown nursing his never-ending turf toe, or hammy on the sideline ... or just plain being de-activated ... ah, that's not going to help us in any way.

Brown WAS good, but can't stay on the field. Wish him luck. Time to move forward, people.

Personally, I think he'd be kinda crazy to come back here if the rumors about him playing the Thomas Jones role are true.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

He did an average of about 97 ypg, for one season only and he played only 11 games. That was his only season of any kind of measurable success..
    There's no defense in the league that is or has ever been scared of Chris Brown. The typical Chris Brown run ends on the heels of his own line. Dillon still has game and still makes his own holes.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

17-7 votes Chris over Dillon currently... Are we all talking about the same Chris Brown?

8. aloving77

aloving77 Camp Fodder

I vote Eddie George

9. Nine

Nine Starter

That one season was also the last time he had a respectable O-line in front of him. Coincidence?

After his almost nonexistent 2006 season....no. In 2005...no.

But in 2004, when he was averaging 100 yards per game and leading the league in rushing, defenses were scared as hell.

Again, I'm not trying to be an apologist for the guy. However, a lot of people are so worried about pointing out his drawbacks, they refuse to acknowledge his upside. The drawbacks are considerable, yes.....but so is his talent.

And realistically, the Titans aren't looking for a long term solution...they're just looking for someone to be a role player while they figure out whether Lendale and/or CHenry will live up to their draft position.

If there's a better guy out there for the job, then bring him on. Corey Dillon is the only guy who's even comparable, and he's not interested in anything less than a #1 job, and a payday to match.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

That year Chris finished 17th in rushing yards and 25th in rushing TDs (Dillon finished 3rd and 8th respectively)
    In 2004 I really don't think The Titans were scaring anybody in any dept..
    I think Dillon would easily win the starting job and The Titans have enough money to overpay a single year player..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar