Polian...or Reese?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by wino, Mar 3, 2006.

?
  1. Bill Polian

20.0%
  2. Floyd Reese

80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Grandpa gunny...

We did pick up the option for thompson
    ------------------------------

Granny must have borrowed the reading glasses because that is exactly what i said.

2. maximus

maximus Starter

He was refering to picking up Thompson's option as a good move

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I that is what you said, I was quoting you.

I was wondering why you think that is a good move.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Your a piece of work bamaboy

YOU are the one who said choosing Manning over Leaf was inspired genius - I GoT say it was a nobrainer.

I GoT said pre draft that James was better than Williams so I GoT am just as much a genius as Wile E. Polian by that measurment. The fact that Ditka is a moron does not make Wile E. Polian a genuis, maybe by comparison but not in actuality and if the majority of GMs would have taken WIlliams then all that means is that I GoT am smarter than most GMs but even that does not make Wile E. Polian a super genuis.

Again because you have a bad habit of misconSCREWing other peoples words - I GoT said Manning over Leaf = nobrainer, I GoT said James over Williams actually a decision but even I choose James so really how hard should it have been for a real GM?

Manning and the dolts suk :coltssuk:

from 98-2002 Manning was 0-3 - 0-1 in the playoffs - vs Tennessee and Leaf was 1-0 so Manning does in fact blow chunks vs Tennessee at least during the Leaf era - lol

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Wonder how the votes would go in a poll of "Who would you rather have as a owner, Bud or Irsay?"

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I'll have to throw my vote to Polian. He has shown he knows how to play the cap game better. Last yr at this time I was *****ing up a storm about black monday and the cuts that we made because we could have easily restructured KC to save big cap money and then also redone a deal with Mason to lower his cap figure. People were saying that it would just push more cap money into the future...well everybody knew that the new CBA had to get done this yr and that the cap would go up a significant amount. Polian played the odds and appears to have won because he kept all his players last yr and is going to be able to keep most again this yr because of the increase in the cap. Floyd decided to ignore this fact and tried to sell us on the quick rebuild by getting out of cap hell all in one yr, but while giving up significant talent. His offseason cuts have really hamstrung our recent drafts. We cut Kearse then draft 3 DEs. We cut Mason and then draft 3 WRs. Tell me another GM that lets both their starting CBs go the same yr. Which then forces the team to draft for need in the 1st instead of taking BPA. The offseason moves have dictated our draft which is what you don't want to have happen. You want to be able to take BPA to build your depth.

Tide- agree with you that at least this offseason we should be able to build our depth better because we aren't losing as many players. It will make for some very good training camp battles. Guys like Gardner and Nickey will be fighting for their NFL careers.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

especially if it was done in Murdermore or Cowtown - lol

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

GoTboy...

Several times you have made reference to sandiego's drafting of leaf. As if it somehow had some effect on who the colts took. Or as if the chargers had drafted leaf first making polian's decision easier. What san diego did in that draft has NO bearing on what the colts did and had NO effect on what the colts did so why do you mention it?

Whether you personally thought edge james was the better prospect doesn't mean a thing. Many people were surprised the colts didn't take williams and that is a FACT. I gave you the example of what ditka and the saints gave up to get him and that is a fact.

Doesn't matter how hard you think the decisions were for polian the fact is simply he made the right choices. Manning and james might be in the hall of fame someday. I never used the term inspired genius you did.

You take a basic factual point of mine that can't be logically argued with and argue with it. Do you realize that? It's a fact that those were 2 great draft choices.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny...

I like the decision to keep at least one of our safeties because i don't want to do a total rebuild there. It also makes it less essential that we draft a safety high.

I am firmly convinced that the exact same players from 2005 could go 8-8 or better in 2006 with no changes or improvements. Our younger players will have one more years experience and the vets will play with a lot more fire. I think the guys that have been here a while were down after losing so many starters and just didn't think we could win. That will be different and i guarentee you jeff fisher doesn't want a third straight loser.

A good draft and a couple of helpful free agents and this team will make a run at the afct south!

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd rather keep Tank...atleast he had an excuse for playing like crap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar