Podcasts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by titanbuoy, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I've become a big fan of podcasts. Just wondering what everyone else likes. My faves are:

Pod F Tompcast - comedian Paul F Tompkins awesome silly podcast is probably my fave. He only does one per month (3 so far)... it's definitely worth starting from podcast #1. Cake Boss FTW!

Fantasy Football Guys - hardly experts, just two goofy guys talking fantasy ball. Pretty fun stuff if you play fantasy ball

Comedy Death Ray - a weekly podcast hosted by Scott Aukerman (former cast member of Mr Show and director of Zach Galiafanakis' webshow "Between Two Ferns"). It took me a while to get into the groove of this show, but I've become a big fan. Tons of great guests from the independent comedy world (often playing goofy characters and remaining unidentified until the shows end). One of the reoccurring characters "Bob Ducca" just kills me. Paul F. Tompkins from the Pod F Tomcast is a frequent uncredited guest

Out of context I'm not sure how funny this will be, but here is "Bob Ducca" from CDR discussing his current ailments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHIegpSmIyw

Espn Fantasy Focus Football - often silly, but informative fantasy ball show.

Espn Football Today - I really like co-host Matt Williamson (former scout for the Browns). Just recently the Thursday podcast has been taken over by former journeyman olineman Ross Tucker and Adam Schefter. Schefter's inclusion makes the Thursday show a must download for football nuts.

Sklarbro Country - sports/pop culture themed comedy podcast hosted by the Sklar Brothers (popular for being regular guest hosts for Jim Rome on Rome's radio show). Extremely quick and witty... if you're not familiar with these guys by name, chances are if you're a sports fan you've seen their faces and heard their stuff.

Doug Loves Movies - comedian Doug Benson and guests discuss movies, weed and other fun stuff. Just started listening to this, but as a movie and comedy fan i've really enjoyed this offbeat offering.

Bear Down - a really odd Chicago Bears themed podcast hosted by comedy troup Upright Citizen Brigade founder Matt Walsh. When I heard about a Bears themed podcast infused with Walsh's bizarre sense of humor it was too intriguing to not at least check out.

In the spirit of the thread i posted this from my phone (so it's apt to be filled with errors and in need of editing) edit: yup :)

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

These are my favorites:

WTF w/ Marc Maron
    The Nerdist
    Pod F Tompkast
    Fitzdog Radio

In that order. WTF is the one that really got me into podcasts and the format and overall quality of it is just a notch above the rest IMO. The Nerdist is also really good if you are into comedy and/or nerdy things. Paul F. Tompkins is probably the funniest man on the planet and his podcast is only further proof. If I were ranking the podcasts by how funny they were his would definitely be #1. It's hilarious, but that's pretty much all it is. Whereas WTF is funny and delves into more serious issues and interviews at times. Nerdist is really funny, but host Chris Hardwick is a very interesting and entertaining interviewer as well. Fitzdog Radio is very similar in format to WTF with comedian Greg Fitzsimmons as the host.

I also listen to Doug Loves Movies and Comedy Death Ray from time to time. I don't keep up with them like I do the others I mentioned earlier. But that's more a result of me simply not having the time to listen to every single podcast I'm interested in rather than a knock on the podcasts themselves.

Oh, and I've just started listening to Rich Eisen's new podcast. It's pretty good overall and he has some great interviews. I think he'd be better off he cut 15-20 minutes from the 1:20+ runtime the podcasts currently have. Seems like there's a few minutes of useless filler jibber jab in each of the episodes I've listened to.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I like the Pod F. Tompkast, but much prefer the Comedy Death Ray Radio podcast. It's usually much funnier than the Pod F. Tompkast, in my opinion. CDR is the best comedy podcast out there. Anyone not listening to it should be.

For really in-depth fantasy football analysis (I'm talking like 50x what you get on ESPN Fantasy Focus), I recommend The Footballguys Audible podcast.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I only listen to them at work- and therefore can only listen to those suitable for work... so with that said, mostly just the public radio podcasts:

The Herd with Colin Cowherd
    UMgoBlue's podcast
    This American Life

and a few others, but since my comp is down I cant remember all that I subscribe to.

5. I listen to a bunch of tech podcasts on TWIT and some news shows.

But my favorite comedy podcast is the The Bugle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar