Please stop justifying this terrible offseason with...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by flamehead2, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Please stop justifying this terrible offseason with the statement

"We are avoiding cap hell"

Remember all the winless decades in CINCY??

Huh?

You do??

THEY AVOIDED CAP HELL TOO.

Avoiding cap hell is the STUPIDEST REASON FOR LOSING i've ever heard!
    Please refrain from using it in the future or risk losing credibility.
    Amen

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:blah2:

why is it people think that by saying '[you] lose credibility' it automatically comes true?

3. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Hey gunny....
    you just lost credibility because i never used the word "YOU" :)

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

that's why I put it in brackets.
    It's also why I was speaking generally.

5. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

I got that... I meant both posts in a humorous way. Even though I'm serious about the "Avoiding cap hell is the STUPIDEST REASON FOR LOSING i've ever heard!" part

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I do not believe "the cap" has been around for "decades". Your Cincy comment makes no sense.

Is the FA period over yet? There are two teams with solid WR (3 if you count Jackson:suspect: ) that are up for grabs.

We upgraded our #2 CB.

We have a position battle at S, finally!

LW is not getting the money he is getting to sit on the bench.

We upgraded our MLB position.

We are tied with the second most draft picks and we still have solid cap room to maneuver all the way up to draft day.

The people who are thinking we are in a negative position are not thinking this out. Think more that we have better leverage and have still managed to upgrade positions that needed immediate help.

So we passed on a bunch of middle talent WR? Personally I was sick of our WR core. At times that played great but the effort seemed to be lacking especially in Bennett. We need something fresh and new better or worst the situation has not worked for some years now. If it be draft or trade we needed a change

One good move like a trade for a solid WR even if we drop a 3rd and a 4th would change the tone of so many people on this board.

Has it happened yet? No, but again I remember that the draft has not even started yet, and neither has the season.

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Please stop judging the offseason when it aint over.

8. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Please stop trying to hijack this thread.
    It has nothing to do with wether or not the team is better. I'm simply talking about using avoiding cap hell to justify building a team weaker than most of the Winning NFL teams

9. Blazing Arrow

OH, I forgot to put this guy in ...

:whoop:

10. Blazing Arrow

Oh come on. Someone call Jack Bower. :rolleyes:

You make a statement that:
    We were 8-8 and are picking 19th. If we are weak there are 18 other teams sitting below us that are weaker. When the league is made up of 32 teams and we are in the top 50% "weak" would not really be what I would call our team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar