Please rate draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Eddyc85, Aug 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I was a little late in getting to the draft (couldn't log in for some reason) so the thing autodrafted Romo for me. No idea why when AP was still on the board but regardless, I still think it's a great team. Very deep. My only worry is I might have too much talent at the skill position players and may wind up not playing the right people.

QB
    Tony Romo
    Phillip Rivers

RB
    Maurice Jones-Drew
    Darren McFadden
    Felix Jones
    Selvin Young

WR
    Reggie Wayne
    Plaxico Buress
    Calvin Johnson
    Chris Chambers
    Patrick Crayton

TE
    Ben Utecht
    Dustin Keller

DEF
    Baltimore

K
    Josh Scobee

2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Looks good... QB and WR are solid. RB and TE have a lot of upside, but might suffer for touches. BAL def is getting up there in age, but should be solid.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well for defense it was either Baltimore, Tennessee or Oakland. Out of the 3 Baltimore had the most PPG last year so I just went with them. But it's just defense so I'm not too worried about it. I usually drop my defense then add another one for the bye week anyways.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Don't like your RB's.

MJD- splits with Taylor
    D. Mac- is a rookie in a crowded backfield
    Jones- is a rookie but I like him
    Young- who knows, he's a RB in Denver

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well come on now. Show me a RB who doesn't split carries, there's a few but are any of them a lot better than MJD? MJD has put up very good fantasy numbers for 2 years now. He also helped me win it all in his rookie year.

6. The Playmaker

LT, Westbrook, L. White, Lynch, McGahee, J. Lewis, Addai, L. Johnson, Forte, K. Smith, Gore, S. Jackson, and E. James don't split carries.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well LT is an exception but I didn't have a chance to draft him so I'll focus on the other guys.

Westbrook: Fair enough.
    White: Ummm didn't we just draft a running back? White will be splitting carries.
    Lynch: Fine.
    McGahee: Ravens just drafted Rice so I expect them to split a little more.
    Lewis: IMO he's washed up and I wouldn't want him. Yea he had a good year last year but he's a year older.
    Addai: Yea but I wouldn't be so sure that they wont start splitting carries now that they have Rhodes and Hart.
    Johnson: He's a bit broken down IMO, MJD will put up more points.
    Smith: Hasn't looked good in pre season so I didn't want him.
    Gore: Wasn't too good last year, I'd rather have MJD, especially with Martz in SF.
    Jackson: Fair enough.
    James: Downside of his career.

Other than LT (who wasn't there), Westbrook, Addai, and Jackson I'd take MJD over any of them. Too many backs split carries now that it's not something I even look at any more.

8. The Playmaker

Okay okay. When I think of splitting carries I think of something like 50/50 or 55/45. I didn't say if they were on the downhill or injured. So other than our RB talk you have a very good team. I think McFadden will be starting midway through the season.

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

OK did another draft. It's a deeper league than my last so it's not as good a team but I like it, got some upside.

QB
    Drew Brees
    Phillip Rivers

RB
    Adrian Peterson
    Ricky Williams
    LaMont Jordan
    Brandon Jackson

WR
    Santonio Holmes
    TJ Houshmandzadeh
    Lavernaues Coles
    Vincent Jackson
    Ted Ginn
    Anthony Golzalez

TE
    Chris Cooley
    Zach Miller

DEF
    Eagles

K
    Nick Folk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar