Playoffs?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VA_Titans, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If Colts suck, we have a chance. If not, I doubt we'll win the wild card.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well Manning is still there so the Colts sucking is unlikely.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I have high optimism for the Titans, prior to the first pre-season game even. But after the first game it opened my eyes even more.

Offense:
    • CJ2K needs another 1300+ yard season 10+ TD season.
    • Kenny Britt needs to stay out of trouble and keep healthy. If that happens Britt could easily average 70+ rec for 1000+yards and 10+ TDs; becoming an elite target.
    • A #2 option needs to develop. Sure, Britt should be a #1, but he can't be our only target. Hopefully Jared Cook develops like everyone is anticipating. I also could see Damian Williams being a solid #2 WR.
    • OL must stay healthy, and improve and grow from last year.

Defense:
    • Again, stay healthy all around.
    • Derrick Morgan could become a 10+ sack guy.
    • Akeem Ayers steps up big, I'm talking like DROY big.
    • Hope MUST be replaced; Babineaux could do that.
    • Finnegan, Verner, and McCourty develop together; and become a solid trio.
    • New guys must show up: Ruud, Babineaux, and Smith.
    • Here's the wildcard... Karl Klug. I seriously think this guy could be a legit playmaker in the NFL year one and for many future year.

I'm not saying all these things will happen, but they're VERY possible and it could easily lead us to the playoffs.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Great Post X.

I said 9-7 a few weeks ago and Im sticking to it. We have a reasonable schedule this year.
    I don't think any AFC south teams are gonna be much better than 10 wins. So yeah we have a chance, we always have a chance. JG is gonna win us some games this yar.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

last year? we were 5-2.... beat the cowboys eagles and giants.... finished 6-10

6. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I think we will do around 8-8.Our schedule includes the Colts twice,improved Texans,Ravens,Steelers,Falcons who were 13-3 last season,Saints,Bucs who were improved

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oh boy, I can't wait to see what half you guys say when we DO make the playoffs. This team is better than last years team. Don't let the 1-8 finish fool you into thinking 2011 is a rebuilding year. The team now has a defensive coordinator, and more importantly we have direction. Mariani ran a reverse for crying out loud! When was the last time we ran a freaking reverse??? 1992? The team is excited for a change, they appear to WANT to be out there. I haven't seen the team this good since Kerry's sorry self got benched mid-season in 2010.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

From the looks of it the AFC will be pretty deep. Us making the playoffs is a longshot. It is the NFL though, the league is built on parity and anything is possible...

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

haha..

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar