Playoffs?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VA_Titans, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oceanic815

Oceanic815 Starter

I honestly don't see why everyone has such low expectations going into this season. We have the best RB in the league (assuming he gets his deal), an upgrade at QB, defense should be better with Babineaux over Hope, Ruud over Tulloch, and the young stud Ayers starting from day 1. I don't see how we could be worse than last year..

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

It's obviously going to be a strange season. Everyone is throwing us under the bus. Getting to the Super Bowl and even making the playoffs is about peaking at the right time. From what I can remember in the past decade there may have been only a year where we didn't peak too early. I'm not saying this awkward off-season is gonna have us playing our best ball when we need it, but it surely will have a huge effect on this season and how teams end in standings. Everyone is sleeping on us, but we'll wake them up with a open palm straight to the face!!! Get yo' baby powder ready boys!

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'll admit, that is a good sig in my book. :ha:

4. Blue Gorilla

Blue Gorilla will play Safety for food

The more I think about this whole CJ situation, the more I feel like he isn't necessary for this team to succeed. Seriously... name the elite RBs in the past 10 years that have won Super Bowls in the league.

Looking at the teams that have found success in terms of wins and losses WHEN IT MATTERS, they seem to have 3 things in common:

1. QB play
    2. Solid defense
    3. Good coaching

None of the most recent Super Bowl champions have had ELITE RB play. A respectable run game maybe, but it's evident that elite RB play isn't necessary.

That said, CJ needs to realize that he's not above the game and get his butt into camp. He's a cog and a piece of the puzzle. He's not THE puzzle. I realize this is a CJ-focused post and so I'm going to copy and paste it into the CJ holdout thread.

But I think of those 3 things necessary to win, we are taking steps in the right direction.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You do realize you posted this in two different threads, right?

6. Blue Gorilla

Blue Gorilla will play Safety for food

Yes... I knew that haha

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I see no reason why the Titans can't go 16-0...

8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Me either.....oh wait, there will be other NFL teams on the field...oops!

Seriously, I would like to think we can make the playoffs, but, as I have said a few times now, we will likely struggle early in the season as the QBs learn the playbook (Saturday night was basically a scrimmage, with no complex sets on either side). Later in the season I see us making a run, but ultimately we wind up somewhere in the 5-8 win range. That said, at the end of the season we are going to be tough, and I really like our chances going into 2012 if we keep the core intact.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Hey, if Matt Schaub and Peyton Manning get hurt, who knows what will happen?...

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I thought we could make the playoffs before the preseason game. This team is not nearly as bad as a lot of people think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar