Playoffs???!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ezeblazin, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

Well we did this when we were 5-7 last year, so why not? I know it's early, but it's so much fun!

First of all- the division, it's a 3 team race, and we can't beat the colts in a tie breaker unless we beat them AND they lose to either Jax or Hou. So.....

-Titans(6-3)
    @Den
    @Cin
    Hou
    SD
    @KC
    Jets
    @Ind

-Ind(7-2)
    KC
    @Atl
    Jax
    @Bal
    @Oak
    Hou
    Ten

-Jax(6-3)
    SD
    Buf
    @Ind
    Car
    @Pit
    Oak
    @Hou

hmmm...I don't see Jacksonville as a threat. I just think they will lose to some bad teams like they usually do. Both Jax and Ind have a good chance at playing against Jamarcus Russel....not that it means anything. Indi has a couple easy games, but you never know, they look pretty beat up right now.

Now before I get to the Wildcard here's the AFC playoff picture as of today.

1.Pats(9-0)
    2-3.Steelers(7-2)
    2-3.Colts(7-2)
    4.Chargers(5-4)
    Wildcard
    5-6.Titans
    5-6.Jaguars

Okay, Here we go......

-Titans(6-3)
    @Den
    @Cin
    Hou
    SD
    @KC
    Jets
    @Ind

-Jax(6-3)
    SD
    Buf
    @Ind
    Car
    @Pit
    Oak
    @Hou

-Cle(5-4)
    @Bal
    Hou
    @Ari
    @Jets
    Buf
    @Cin
    SF

-Buf(5-4)
    NE
    @Jax
    @Was
    Mia
    @Cle
    Giants
    @Phi

-Hou(4-5)
    NO
    @Cle
    @Ten
    TB
    Den
    @Ind
    Jax

-Bal(4-5)
    Cle
    @SD
    NE
    Ind
    @Mia
    @Sea
    Pit

-KC(4-5)
    @Ind
    Oak
    SD
    @Den
    Ten
    @Det
    @Jets

-Den(4-5)
    Ten
    @Chi
    @oak
    KC
    @Hou
    @SD
    MIn

-Cin(3-6)
    Ari
    Ten
    @Pit
    Stl
    @SF
    Cle
    @MIa

So now, i'll be rooting for Pittsburgh and San Diego to beat all the other teams in their division.

First of all the Bengals may seem to be out of it, but they do have an outside shot, they play 3 of those stinky NFC west teams

The thing that stands out the most is that weplay a lot of these teams, so we can eliminate them...on the other hand, they can hurt us bad by beating us.

The 5-4 teams:
    -There is NO WAY Buffalo survives that schedule, they're 8-8 at best.
    -Cleveland is scary, they're Deffense is garbage, but they can put up points, and they play a lot of easy games. On the other hand, I think they can be beat by anyone.

The 4-5 teams:
    -We can and will finish off Houston by beating them
    -Baltimore's Offense looks Putrid, and they play a tough schedule.
    -KC and Denver are a threat, and we have to play both on the road. So monday night is a huge game.

Teams that are DONE:
    Jets
    Oakland
    Dolphins

The good thing about this year, is that we control our destiny as far as making the playoffs. Last year, we needed a lot of teams to lose a lot of games to have any chance. So GO TITANS! Let's finish the season strong!

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The only way to make it is to keep winning. But I alway like peeking in the rear view mirror. I find that most teams playing .500 ball usually end up that way too. Our biggest threat is probably Cleveland and Buffalo. But they aren't that good. Losman is hot, and so is Cleveland, but they have a tradition of playing poorly. The other teams are sub .500 and will probably stay that way. As long as we stay close to .500 the rest of the way we'll be in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar