playoffs???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GMITTS, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i just read the power rankings on fox sports and they said that the playoffs are still magically alive in nashville...how can that be possible. if we go 9-7 on the year do we have a good enough record or is this just a mis type..someone please explain..cause the titans as a wild card would be sweet

2. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

if the 5 other teams at 7-5 lose 3 games and the titans win out so yea its possible unlikely but so was the last 3 wins, so hey keep the faith. I'll break down the schedules and we'll see how likely it is we make the PO.

3. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Highly unlikely. The Titans are 12th among 16 AFC teams vying for 6 playoff spots. They're still mathematically alive, but a bunch of teams would have to collapse for the Titans to get in. Even then, a lot of those teams would hold the tiebreaker advantage over the Titans.

4. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

NYJ-BUF/@MIN/@MIA/OAK BUF=W MIN=L MIA=W OAK=W REC 10-6
    JAX-IND/@TEN/NE/@KC IND=L TEN=L NE=L KC=W REC 8-8
    CIN-OAK/@IND/@DEN/PIT OAK=W IND=L DEN=L PIT=L REC 9-7
    KC-BAL/@SD/@OAK/JAX BAL=L SD=L OAK=W JAX=L REC8-8
    DEN-@SD/@ARI/CIN/SF SD=L ARI=W CIN=W SF=W REC 10-6

TEN-@HOU/JAX/@BUF/NE if they win out 9-7 they will need a whole lotta help.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Those are some big jumps. Jets could lose either or both of their division games. There's a lot to be played, it could happen, but very unlikely. It becomes a little more likely once we beat houston and jacksonville and take second in the division.

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Its a looooooooooooong shot..
    Don't get your hopes up.

7. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

we be golden, if we weez in the NFC (No Football Conference)

8. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

I posted this in the sunday night thread, but I guess it fits more in here.

First of all, let me say that it is highly unlikely we go undefeated.....but my optimistic side will definately be paying attention to these 7 other teams as long as we have hope.

I definately think the top 4 will happen. the bottom 3 is where we will need a lot of help.

The Jets are a little overrated IMO, and even thought they play below .500 teams in their final 4 games, Minn,Miami and Oakland are all in the top 6 Defenses. Buffalo will not be an easy task either.

The Broncos have a relatively easy schedule, and will probably not lose 3 games unless Cutler is a complete bust.

Cincinatti beating the Ravens really hurt us, and they are really hot right now. They could however easily lose to the Colts and Broncos. It may very well come down to them beating the Steelers in Week 17.

As for us...Houston is no gimme. The turnovers were 5 to 0 in the last game, that's not gonna happen this time. They were also very effective at stopping our run game, and Vince's passing yards. But we do have momentum on our side now.

Jax is gonna be real tough....even though they are waaay better at home, Vince really struggled against these guys and we really couldn't run on them even without Henderson. We were missing Haynesworth and Pacman though. I predict more of a defensive struggle this time.

Buffalo....no comments, honestly i dunno crap about this team.

New England...Even if they're not resting their players we can win this........REVENGE!!!

9. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

So for week 14...
    Go Titans!
    Go Browns!
    Go Patriots!
    Go Colts!
    Go Ravens!
    Go Bills!
    Go Raiders!
    Go Chargers!

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

In less than a couple of hours the Titans jumped 5 draft spots. Anything can happen. Don't be surprised if we have clinched a playoff spot before taking the field against the pats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar