Playoffs? Playoffs!?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MCMLXXXIII, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I think the positive is Indys schedule of NE, Cowboys and the chargers, before they visit us. Indy will lose 2 of these games i think, and be 7-5 heading to Nashville.

We should beat WAS, HOU and JAGS, but even if we drop another one, we could be 7-5 also.

Still all to play for. We have been poor recently, especially defensively. Can we please cover opposing TE's on 3rd down, its getting silly. Room to improve this week and get a big W against the redskins sunday.

2. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

Sadly after the way we have played the last two weeks (and really the Philly game would have been markedly different if Britt hadn't come out of the closet and saved Collins a** and a timely fumble occurred), I honestly can't look at the schedule and firmly assert that we are clear favorites to win any of these upcoming games.

Should we win 5 of 7, yes, will we win them with this defense ? I honestly can't say I feel at all confident saying yes. The offense is sputtering and inconsistent on almost every other drive and has been since before the Philly game, and the defense can't stop the short passing game and is not getting any sacks and turnovers. Sad to say but that is not a formula for winning consistently and most of the teams we will face coming up have potent offenses that throw the ball effectively a lot.

I truthfully could see us going 6-10 as easily as I can see us going 10-6. Unfortunately, I am tending to lean more pessimistically toward the 6-10 side of things if we can't get it together on the defensive end and get back to controlling the clock and running the ball effectively and somehow integrate the vertical threat back into the passing game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar