Playoffs? Playoffs!?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MCMLXXXIII, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

The playoff picture is starting to take shape. Basically we are chasing 5 teams for 3 spots. It is not great but it is not as bleak as some of you are making it out to be.

AFC South (likely 3 seed) We are only one back of the Colts. If we win out we win the division as that will hang two losses on the Colts. We can also win the division by finishing tied with Indy if we A)sweep them or B) split with them and go at least 2-1 in remaining games against Texans/Jaguars. Almost guaranteed to win the division if we finish 6-1, and fairly possible at 5-2 if we at least beat the Colts once.

If we lose 2 games to the Colts we would need for one of these teams to lose 7 games total as we would certainly lose the conference record tie breaker to all and also the head to head with the Steelers.

AFC Wild Card spots games (remaining games against playoff contenders bolded.)
    7-2 New York Jets: Hou, Cin, @NE, Mia, @Pit, @Chi, Buf
    7-2 New England Patriots: Ind, @Det, NYJ, @Chi, GB, @Buf, Mia
    6-3 Pittsburgh Steelers: Oak, @Buf, @Bal, Cin, NYJ, Car, @Cle
    6-3 Baltimore Ravens: @Car, TB, Pit, @Hou, NO, @Cle, Cin

Interestingly, it is in our interest to root for the Colts this week. A win for them really doesn’t hurt us and a loss for the Patriots helps us more.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Our defense can't stop a 3rd string QB so we might as well for get any playoff talk.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

5-4 sucks! WTF is this crap?

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That's the Jeff Fisher standard. Just barely above-average...

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

6. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Quick question guys... how did you get the jerseys under the user info? i've been trying to do this but can't figure it out.

7. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

User CP .... Jersey(at the bottom on the left side)

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I still can't believe we dropped 2 in a row. As soon as I get over that, I'll contribute to the playoff possibility debate.

9. Mizzo

Mizzo World champion of America

It is bleak. The way we're playing, how do you suppose we win 5/6 of 7 games?

Have we forgotten that we lost two straight, and just lost to the dolphins minus 2 QB's, coming out of our own bye week? Sure we have Randy Moss, but he can't help out or defense.

I look at the remaining schedule, and all of the games except the Colts games look winnable. However, so did the Dolphins, Broncos, and Chargers game.

Was
    @Hou
    Jac
    Ind
    Hou
    @KC
    @Ind

I don't mind being optimistic, but I'm finding it very difficult.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Here's the one thing I view as positive.

If we make the playoffs, we will have EARNED it. Meaning the team will be playing better at the end of the season and there will be reason to believe in a postseason run.

I would rather see that then see us limp into the playoffs resting starters and not caring about the last 2 regular season games.

Words can't express my disappointment if we fold in the second half of this season.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar