Playoff transformation realistic?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Well, I wasn't being exact with every team and year, but even a mighty franchise like the Steelers has had bad times. Hell, ****tsburgh went from 1933-1971 and only made the playoffs ONCE LOL. That's really bad. All teams go up and down.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

The Steelers freakin sucked in the 80's and the reason i know is i became a fan in the early to mid 80's as a kid and they went 7-9 or 8-8 nearly every season.I always wanted Tennessee to get an NFL team and as soon as we did i was done rooting for the Steelers and also the Raiders which was another team i adopted as a favorite through the 80's and 90's.As soon as we got the Tennessee Titans here i became a fan from day one back in '99 and it feels good to have a team here and i support them through the good and bad.Many people including myself waited many years for us to get an NFL team here in Tennessee.

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

Point being.

I expect multiple titles from the Titans and the Vols in the near future.

If Alabama, Pittsburgh, New York and other teams can do it, I expect nothing less from my teams.

The fact that the Titans/Oilers haven't won a championship in the entire history of the NFL is a bit alarming.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

They did win an AFL championship :biglaugh:

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Here's the thing; Bud Adams isn't dedicated to making this franchise all it can be.

Since the Titans don't have South Beach or some other major draw going for them, they need to find other ways to attract talent. This year the trick was to throw money at guys, and it worked. But why did it take this long to make that happen? Some say Ruston Webster, some say its because the coach is on the hot seat, but when you draft as bad as we have in the past, you have to find alternative ways to make your team good. Bud Adams has never been about making the best team, he's about making a profit. Those other programs you named, they care about winning more than the Titans have in the past. Thats how a team goes eternity without winning jack, and if it weren't for Ruston Webster, I'd tell you you're going to be waiting a long as time before we win anything.

Luckily for us, the future seems bright, and we will turn things around sooner rather than later, but not because it's just something that happens. The Steelers, Patriots, Packers, and Giants pride themselves on winning, and have people watching them, which makes them accoutbale, so when they lose, its noticed and followed with a hundred questions.

When the Titans lose no one but you, me, and maybe 100,000 other people care, thats how a programs continues to "just get by".

Seems to me our owner is happy just being in the race.

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

I say we riot.

7. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I hate to say it, but we might be a lot better off once good ole Bud kicks the bucket. Too bad he'll probably pass the franchise to his son :wall:

Perhaps a fresh owner would help us more than anything.. someone completely outside the franchise.

8. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

A good example of this incompetence is former GM Mike Reinfeldt.Its bad enough when you don't draft very well but usually bringing in some good free agents will help out but it seemed like year after year the team was willing to sit on their hands and not do anything.Going and getting these crappy rejects like Shaun Smith,Barrett Ruud,Jovan Haye,etc. and then draft guys that can't play like Javon Ringer,Jamie Harper,Senderrick Marks,Rennie Curran,etc. i mean thats just not going to get it done.As much i hate the damn Ravens its teams like them that go out and get the best guys so that year to year the team doesn't dip to far and as much as i hate it they've been to the playoffs every year since 2009 while we've missed the postseason.Some teams will make sure that they bring in enough either through the draft or free agency.Like i said after Floyd Reese left Reinfeldt did not do a good job.We might have went through cap hell with Floyd Reese but we come very close to the super bowl more than once.He could've managed the numbers better but we were winning.As soon as Floyd Reese left you had Reinfeldt who tried to be mr. conservative to be different than his predecessor and he was too conservative and we paid for it because the talent dwindled and there wasn't much coming in.

Ruston Webster has done a really good job so far in the last two drafts.He has done well drafting this year and brought in probably best group of free agents in one year that the team has ever had.Its like night and day as far as how the team is run.Webster has brought in Pollard,Levitre,Walker,etc. all in one season which looks way more impressive than the b-list rejects like Ruud,Haye and Smith that Reinfeldt brought to the team.So far it really does look like Webster is building a winner here both through the draft and free agency both.This year we should have one of the best offensive lines in the league,our receiver depth is the best its ever been,already have one of the best backs in the game so the offense is set to succeed if Jake Locker plays well the team will take a huge step on that side of the ball.On defense we have Pollard setting the tone of the defense and we are looking better at several positions on that side of the ball as well.If Gregg Williams can get the defense to step up and be a better unit overall we will be much better.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Grandson

10. XO

XO Nevada Native

Is my age or close to it.

Terrifying

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar