Playoff Picture for AFC South

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

Texans are 4-0 in the division and the Titans are 1-2.

We need the Texans to the lose the colts and either CAR or CIN or the Texans to lose three straight to even have a chance in week 17.

I dont see the colts beating the Texans at all and I think they can still beat either cincy or car so that is why I think the Titans only have a shot at the wildcard.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

houstons probably gonna lock up the divison before the week 17 matchup in which case they may rest their starters making our road easier.

3. Titansfan12

Titansfan12 Starter

I am worried about the Bengals since they have the tiebreaker over us. I have to root for the Texans next week over them

4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I will also root for the Texans to defeat the Bengals next week. We need a wild card spot to make the postseason imo.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Go Cincy slaughter those cows!

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I was researching and found that even though the Titans are tied with the Raiders and the Jets at 7-5, the Tennessee Titans playoff chances sit at 25% for the final NFL wildcard spot.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

There are 4 teams tied at 7-5 (Titans, Bengals, Jets, Raiders) and only one wildcard spot, so yeah, I would expect the chances to be about 25%.

I realize it's more complicated than that (tiebreakers and stuff), but what were you expecting?

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

From the way I understand it we're sitting at the 7th seed right now. If the Texans beat the Bengals and we win out we're in the playoffs.

I'm really wanting to see us win out because that means that A) We'll be competitive in the playoffs and B) Our team is peaking at the right time.

If we can make the playoffs this year with no Britt then we're well on our way to building a solid franchise for the next few years. We've got a young defense and we're a receiver and a QB away from being special on offense. I've got 100% confidence that Locker can be the QB we've all been waiting for.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I have little confidence Britt will ever be a factor for this team. He's always injured.. Always.
    This team desperately needs an AJ Green/CalJohn - and soon..

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

In all honesty its good that the team is obviously better going towards game 13 than game 1.

fishface always talked this crap, Munchak is doing it.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar