Playoff Implication Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Exactly the common game scenario wouldn't matter if we are tied with the Steelers and the Jets so it would then go to strength of victory which is hard to figure out at this point.

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The way that we can be eliminated before week 17 is if the Broncos, Jets, and Raiders win combined with a steelers loss. Because then the Broncos would lock up one wild card and their would be no way that we could pass the Jets.

3. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

http://www.nfl.com/standings/conference

This should help us retards continue to speculate. So as of right now (of course it would change) we have the strength of victory tie breaker over the Jets and Steelers.

I think I finally have it figured out.

So now we have to root for the Chiefs, Steelers, Dolphins, Bengals, Patriots this week.

4. JHaas07

JHaas07 Draft Vince!!!

Are you sure we have it????

5. JHaas07

JHaas07 Draft Vince!!!

Damn...We have the highest strength of schedule in the entire NFL!!!

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Nice find. I go to the NFL.com site all the time but never found that page. Sure will save a bunch of number crunching.

Interesting how the AFC South has 3 of the top 4 strength of victories and that the Titans have the hardest schedule.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Ok, for myself, I think I understand. Looking at the chart http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2668613, the first thing we want is the Broncos to retain the fifth seed and the Bengals to lose out. If they tie us and retain the 6th seed, they have us tied on division record but beat on conference record.

We need the Bengals and Jets to lose two.

We can afford Jacksonville to win one since with a tie record, I think, we have the better division record and strengths of schedule and victory.

We want Pittsburgh to beat Cincinnati, but lose to the Ravens.

We only have to beat Buffalo once.

We want New England to beat Jacksonville. We want Baltimore to beat Pittsburgh.

If we win out, I think we can let Kansas City win out as well.

We can afford Pittsburgh beating Cincinnatti in week 17.

We can afford Buffalo beating Baltimore in week 17, as long as we beat them in week 16.

We can afford Jacksonville winning either against New England or Kansas City, though it's better that Jacksonville loses to New England and gets it out of the way.

The best team to be in a tie with is Kansas City.

We do not want to be in a tie with New York, Pittsburgh, Denver or Cincinnati.

If Denver does lose, first by losing to Cincinnati, then they must lose out, and we still must have the edge over New York and Pittsburgh by them going no better than .500.

We can get in if two teams lose two games among New York, Cincinnati and Denver; one of them has to be New York because Cincinnati and Denver play one another. We also need Pittsburgh to lose one to either Baltimore or Cincinnati.

That is the current state of playoff affairs. Sorry it took so long to work out. Ignore the rest of that crap. That is what I'm really trying to say.

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

GLinks- We don't have to have the Jets lose 2 games as long as the Steelers win out. We would all be tied at 9-7 and we would win the 3-way tiebreaker with the best strength of victory. We also don't need Denver to lose 2 games. All we need is for KC to win both of its games and Denver to lose 1 game and then KC bumps Denver out of the wild card spot because they would have a better division record and we would beat out KC because of a better conference record.

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

what a difference 1 point at Colts would had made..

[​IMG]

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Except Collins lost to the Jets so we can not tie with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar