playmaking WRs

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excluding the U.K, european players dive all over the place its crazy, one player (drogba) admits he cheats, its pathetic...

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

like i said, bennett is good at getting open down field, but he isnt elusive nor is he fast in the open field. we need someone who has the steve smith mentality, everytime he gets the ball he tries to score. the only guys in the roster with that mentality are pac and troupe.

3. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

With the Physical and fast pace style of the premiership, it's hard to tell who dives and who doesn't. Of course, some do (see Robben, Drogba, and most chelski players - even my boy Ballack is guilty at times), but other times it actually isn't. But I admit, diving and cheating is starting to ruin the game and its evident with the number of cards awarded in the recent world cup.

4. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

you cant just look at the stats of the nfl WR's theres the qb that makes a big diff. and cb's there up against

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I would love to have Steve Smith, no question about it. However, his YPC is not even in the top 30 in the league. Like I said earlier, he can be fast, have the mentality, elusive and everything else but the non elusive, slow without the "mentality" Bennett still averages almost 2 YPC more. Also, Bennett has as a higher % of plays over 20 yards this year (26% of his catches compared to Smith's 21%). Even for his career Bennett has a slightly higher YPC than Smith.

In short, success in the passing game for the Titans goes beyond just getting a "playmaking" WR on the field. Setting the pass up with a solid running game and having the QB put the ball where the WRs can catch it AND possibly do something with it after the catch. The talent level at WR isn't extrordinary for sure but it isn't as bad as many make it out to be.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Steve Smith doesn't have the YAC cause of Delhomme accuracy plummetted this year.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

steve smith's YPC is lower because he catches more short balls that he has to turn into big plays. he probably catches 15 balls that are at the LOS because he can make someone miss and get a first down.

8. didnt anyone ever tell u that stats are for losers? because steve smith does a whole heck of a lot more for his offense than drew has ever done

9. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

One guy you guys should check out is Johnnie Lee Higgins of UTEP. He reminds me a lot of Smitty. Would be a good pick up in the 2nd or 3rd.

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Higgins is a burner like 4.3 flat burner would make a good 3rd pick, second is a bit high but I would like to see us take him in the 3rd unless we pick up a stud before like Gonzo from OSU in the 2nd round would be perfect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar