playmaking WRs

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

but seriously, when i say "playmaker" drew bennett doesnt fit the bill. he's good at getting open, halfway decent hands. he doesnt make people miss and really isnt dangerous after the catch.

we need someone who can take a hitch another 25 yards. i see two guys on the roster that can do that; roydel williams and pacman jones. roydell also has inconsistent hands and pac is too valuable on defense to play more than a handful of plays on offense.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

With exception to the US team in the 2006 WC.. they were the only team I watched that didn't dive or cry about stupid penalities (e.g. Brian McBride taking a shot to the face by Daniele De Rossi (azzHole) ...

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Aussies we were victims of a dive.

4. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

The only pansies are Italians...they dive all over the place and them being in the Final proves it. No way Italy should've gotten past Australia. Trust me, getting slidden into by somebody with metal spikes on and puncturing your thigh is no fun or getting smacked in the face by a ball going 70-80 mph from 10 yrds.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

There is a difference between that and this:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sDMK71kLdO8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sDMK71kLdO8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8lCO_dYtT7Y"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8lCO_dYtT7Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

6. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

What team is that in the first clip - doesn't look like one i know. The guy says Euro '04, but I can't make them out. Looks like the Swedish national team? It also looks faked - seriously...I've never seen a coach dedicate a session to diving fundamentals.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

meh, though reading the comments below that video on youtube, some were saying teams do it.

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

man i hate the italians (their soccer team that is).. if Zidane had not gone out the French would have been the WC champs.. ******* italian pigs

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:werd:

My mum is Italian btw.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

So all those great playmakers that are taking those hitch patterns another 25 yards are apparently not doing it often enough because Bennett is still 14th in the league in yards per catch which is the most important stat IMO along with TDs.

I'm not saying we couldn't use more explosion on offense but we do have to weigh our QB situation this year. The same level of talent at WR will produce much better as VY gets better. If a bonofide stud WR is the BPA when we pick I'm all for taking him. I'm not sure that will happen and we might get better value at WR later in the draft. Right now in FA Bennett might be the best available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar