playmaking WRs

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

meanwhile, football players do it at a weight of about 250+

2. not wr, rb, qb, some te, im just saying these guys are not in near the shape as they could be if they did other sports, and its pathetic about how they are saying how tired they are a blah, sorry for the ranting i just had to get it out, and one more thing, everyone complains that the defense is going to get tired if they are out there to long, but by the same token the offense is going to get just as tired so blah to that

3. Fry

soccer players dont get the crap beat out of them every play either.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

5. dude, i friggen hated the world cup cause they are the biggest pansies ive ever seen

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

all soccer players are pansies.

7. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

is he?

he carried his team in college, rushed over 2000 yards that year- came into the NFL and got drafted by the Cardinals who don't have a good oline and averaged 3.7 yards a carry- why do I say this, because behind that same oline Edge James only averages 3.4 yards, sometimes its not the RB it's the oline- and if we put Arrington into this offense he would flourish- he is perfectly suited for this offense because he is fast, hard to tackle and can catch out of the backfield, I remember Chow really wanted us to take Arrington last year...

8. Fry

he was also jumping on the table for mike williams. i wish he had wanted maurice drew instead of lendale.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree 100%. First of all unless we get a guy like CJ, a guy who looks like a sure thing (not saying CJ is a sure thing) we have a 50% chance of getting a player who isn't any better than what we already have. In fact I would bet at least half of the WRs picked in the first round are no better (or worse) than Bennett and Jones. Secondly, a quality defensive player has a higher probability of contributing at a high level and helping the team right away.

It is interesting how a guy like Bennett, 14th in the league in average yards per catch is looked on like a non-play maker. Not saying Bennett is a great WR but for much of what we want our WRs to do we already have the talent in place. We just need to get them the ball. In the Jags game Young had Bennett on a long TD pass but missed him.

The biggest playmaker we need on defense is RDE. IMO Finnegan should get a shot at starting CB and Fuller should get a shot at FS. Finnegan especially could be better than any CB we could pick in the draft IMO. When you look at the Ravens defense (they play a 3-5) both their OLBs have a bunch of sacks. They put pressure on the QB. I would trade half the draft if we could move down and get Gaines Adams (great athlete and great technique)because that postion could improve the defense more than any other.

10. Fry

you're assuming he catches the ball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar