Playing safety...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Wasn't he drafted as a Safety??

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

After doing some research it looks like he originally started at corner, then switched to safety his last year.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No.

What you may be thinking about was him in high school or Pitt where he was a safety with Darrelle Revis. He played CB at California PA, and was drafted as a CB. Many of us here thought he should play FS, but he wasn't drafted as one.

4. theprizdfighter

I do see he played all 12 games his senior year...four of them he started at CB.

Many sources have him listed just as a DB.

Either way I do think it's the right move to give him the vote of confidence.

5. JCBRAVE

When Campbell was there in the 7th last year, Ruston Webster refered to him as a CB. He said you never see CB's with his size in the 7th. He did plat SS at Pitt before being kicked off the team tho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

6. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

How do you guys feel about this:

Getting Harrison Smith in the 2nd

than Sean Richardson 5-7

7. JCBRAVE

I think they're both just good enough to be considered, but with today's TE's playing lights out, I need to know our next safety can hang how Barron can.

8. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

There is a difference in good safeties that do what they are asked and Play Making Safeties that can change a game without being asked. we need the later.

9. theprizdfighter

Yea, there are NFLers and football players.

McCarthy, for example is a football player. What I am getting at is, some playmakers aren't your prized physical specimen or 'freaks'; they just have a nose for the game, know where to be and when and can see things that others don't..like ghosts

10. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

So you know Barron is the sure thing coming into the draft and no other guy in this draft can't be? Most of the good NFL safeties are late round pick ups, look at the Patriots and all the flops they had in the first 2 rounds with secondary picks. I think Harrison Smith and Sean Richardson could be a good duo in the Nfl or atleast like to grab one of these guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar