Playing safety...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jason Seahorn did it too as matter of fact. That's weird that you saying Aaneas Williams made me think of Seahorn. I'd have never recalled that without that name being mentioned.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I thought Sehorn did as well but I could only remember him as the last white cornerback.

3. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

Iloka in the 3rd or Henry in the 4th/5th range would be a bargain too....i think if given the chance that Henry would be pretty decent safety...

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Seems like most of the guys who move to safety are the more stiff/upright guys.....so not really Finnegan.

I am not even sure if Cortland would move to safety. Face it, the guy likes getting up close and personal. I am sure as soon as he is lined up in front of the guy he is covering, his mouth has already started. Taking that away from him, may just be taking away half of his game.

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I don't know man. Finnegan likes to tackle. I've seen him take on left tackles like a pitbull. I'm not sure he'd be comfortable ushering WR's out of bounds.

Yes, it's a dig at Griffin.

"I don't know how to do anything unaggressively." -Cortland Finnegan

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

It just dawned on me that Campbell at FS may be more and more reasonable. We're scheduling visits with Stanford Routt with Verner/McCourty still on board meaning either Campbell isn't ready for play time (entirely possible) or his future isn't at CB.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm excited to see Campbell develop and hope he keeps improving. How often do you have someone in your secondary who is 6'3 203, can run a 4.3, and has a 35+" vert? Not very often. He's still very raw, but if he develops like I'm hoping... he could be a star.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

he's got to get his damn head straight before anything

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That's a good point, which is why if he were to become a safety, it should be a SS, not a FS. That way he can roam around and still be a factor at the LoS.

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think it is symmantics whether you call him a SS or FS or call him a rover. The point is that given todays pass happy league if you can find a way to get your 3 best cover guys on the field at all times then you limit the number of mismatches. Finny is a guy who plays well in both man to man and zone coverage. He is a decent blitzer and is a solid tackler. I loved how Gray used him last yr as the nickle back. I just think that he can use him in a similar fashion and take one of the safeties off the field for our base package.

I'd love to see Campbell in the role of the single high safety with Finny playing underneath. Campbell has that great size speed ratio that can allow him to go sideline to sideline. I like the idea of having him as the last line of defense. Big, Fast, and not afraid to hit and mix it up a little.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar