Playing safety...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Awesome! When you are running an NFL team, I am going to tell everyone I know that I once posted on the same message board as you.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Sounds good to me.

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Jason Jones sucked at DE :/

4. JCBRAVE

No he didn't, he did his job, but didn't have those fancy tackles called sacks.

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

But we need to find more of these "fancy tackles called sacks", or at least more pressures, and they need to come from the DE position. And not nearly enough came from Jones, we can all admit that.

6. JCBRAVE

I was pretty real satisfied with him this year.

7. cutter10

cutter10 Rookie

I think a dominant ball-hawking secondary turns an average DL into a dominating force

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Both sides of the football start at the line.

The OL creates holes for the RB to run through and also protect the QB for him to find an open WR.

The DL stuffs the run but also creates pressure on the QB. With that added pressure there is a better chance of throwing a bad pass which benefits the DB's to either break up the pass, tackle the WR immediately, or even force a turnover.

Having a great DB group is nice but if you let the QB have all day to throw it then he'll eventually win that match up.

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I was pretty real disappointed. Mostly with his getting burned on the edge... but we already had that conversation. I wanted him to play DE too. I think we all did. And if we keep him, I hope he excels where the coaches play him. But, I'm not going to pretend like he played well at a position I thought he would play well just because I wanted him to.

10. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

i didnt...i didnt understand why we were moving out best dt at the time to de so then we open a hole at dt....i think him and casey would have made a good combo last year too...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar