Players you wanted in the 1st round..

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titanup1982, Mar 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Me too. I love safeties, being a S throughout my football "career" i've always been obsessed with the position.

2. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

He's just a crazy fun player to watch

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It's an odd position, and if you find the right one, your defense can become a whole other animal.

Did you know Troy Polamalu is more valuable to the Steelers than their QB.... That's nuts, and Eric Berry can be that kind of guy. They go 1-1 without Polumalu, but when Big Ben is out, they still win.

4. xpmar9x

Yeah, I was obsessed with Sean Taylor also. Dude was a monster.

Honestly, a healthy Laron Landry was the same way... when he's in and healthy with the Skins he's unstoppable. Now he's about 30 lbs heavier of muscle.

But if you can find a Troy Polamalu & Ed Reed. (Arguably Eric Berry, Earl Thomas, Nick Collins, and Adrian Wilson) they just transform your defense. Sadly there isn't a safety like that this year IMO.

5. JCBRAVE

Well Mark Barron is the closest and may be there waiting for us, if our coaches believe he's the next great one, they better get him.

He'd be a luxury pick much like a WR or LB would be, but it'd be a great value. If he didn't just come off a surgery and have a disappointing pro day, he's be gone way before our pick, but he just might be there because of those things. And IDK if he'll be the next Adrian Wilson or Troy Polumalu, but he's certainly and upgrade from what we've got now.

6. xpmar9x

What are the chances he actually plays year 1 (w/o an injury happening)? Probably not very good, we just resigned Babs and Griff. I'd say if Barron was drafted he'd be a backup at both safety positions, see playing time, then replace Griff next year.

Im not huge on Barron. I think he's slightly overrated because he played on Bama. He isn't as reliable an open-field tackler as most people think. Run support is average. He's a physical hitter, but will also go to hard and wiff on a tackle. He's a solid ball hawk in zone coverage, but subpar at man coverage. I think he has potential to be a good safety, not a great safety.

7. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I would rather go DL the first two rounds and take Rambo in the Supplemental Draft if he does come out

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

....i think you just described Griffin here...

9. JCBRAVE

All of Barrons weakness can easily be fixed after 1 week in the NFL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar