Players you wanted in the 1st round..

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titanup1982, Mar 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gran54

gran54 Starter

2006- Vince Young Watched him in the Rose Bowl and throughout his career at UT. Thought he'd be a more mobile McNair. Never wanted Leinart.

2007- Limas Sweed Felt like we needed a WR, but it wasn't a very good year for talent at the position. Was bummed when Pittsburgh took him in the 2nd round right before we had our pick. Griffin has been okay, but far to inconsistent.

2008- Devin Thomas Again, thought we needed a WR, but not much talent. Saw not a single WR go in the 1st round and us take the speedster known as CJ. Definitely happy we took him and let LenDale walk.

2009- Hakeem Nicks Really wanted Nicks and he was taken right before we had the opportunity by the G-Men. Not really sure who we would have taken if both were available. Very happy with Britt, just wanna see him get in a full season. He looked like a top 5 WR through 2 and a half games last year.

2010- Jason Pierre-Paul The Giants strike again! JPP was taken right before we had a chance at him. Again, not sure who we would have taken with both JPP and Morgan available. Not crazy about Morgan right now. This will be the do or die season for him. Hoping he stays healthy and can be a consistent threat.

2011- Patrick Peterson Best player in the draft IMO. Hoped for Peterson and had a long list of players I wanted nothing to do with. Newton, Gabbert, Fairley, Quinn were just a few of the prospects I didn't want. Knew Peterson would be a stretch at 8. Didn't pay much attention leading up to the week of the draft (school work). Hadn't heard the rumors of us taking Locker and when Gabbert was available, I was just praying we didn't take Blaine. Was shocked when we took Jake, again because I hadn't been in to it that week. After the draft I really started to grow a liking for him. More of a personable guy and the kinda hometown kid you like. I've been happy with him so far. Coming in to games cold and backing up Matt. Hoping he gets his shot this year.

2012- David DeCastro Wishful thinking on my part, but really hoping we go with DeCastro if he even makes it to 20. Could see him going at 11, 13, 14, 17, or 18. If we get the chance I think we have to take him. Not saying we absolutely will though. We obviously need the help on the defensive line which is quite deep this year. We'll see how it goes, DeCastro is the guy I want.

2. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

05- Cadillac Williams - it was pretty obvious we were going CB I wanted Pacman over Rolle.
    06- Thought it'd be either of the three QBs..I wanted Vince, but thought it'd be Leinart bcuz of Chow and Cutler bcuz Vandy.
    07- Bowe
    08- Wanted one of the RBs
    09- Rey Maualuga
    10- Derrick Morgan
    11- Pouncey...honestly was a little irked when I saw Locker..
    12- as of now I'm saying...idk yet

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I remember in 2010 most of the talk was Eric Berry, Joe Haden, and some other DE. I can't remember his name.

4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I wanted Cutler that draft, (I was also thrilled when we took lendale in the 2nd.

I wanted Rolle over Pac Man

I wanted Sweed. Had never heard of CJ. Was pissed until I youtubed him.

Wanted JPP two years ago.

Wanted Locker last year.

All in all, I've made some calls better than the FO did (Cutler, Rolle) some really bad busts (Sweed).

5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Wouldn't this be nice instead of Pac Man. :sad2:

I remember watching that draft. When we picked him, they panned to him in the room or at home or wherever he was and it looked like friggin little john. I said... oh man, this guys gonna be trouble.

6. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

2002 - Napoleon Harris
    2003 - Kwame Harris
    2004 - Bob Sanders
    2005 - Antrel Rolle
    2006 - A.J. Hawk
    2007 - Leon Hall
    2008 - Reshard Mendenhall
    2009 - Alphonso Smith
    2010 - Sean Weatherspoon
    2011 - Jake Locker

I cant remember beyond 2002.

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

2005 -- Aaron Rodgers
    2006 -- Vince Young
    2007 -- Dwayne Bowe
    2008 -- DeSean Jackson (w/ Johnson in the second)
    2009 -- Hakeem Nicks/Kenny Britt (couldn't choose between them)
    2010 -- Brandon Graham
    2011 -- Jake Locker

8. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

2011- J.J. Watt- Although I wanted Jake Locker as well I thought he would of been had in the 2nd round.
    2010-Jason Pierre-Paul
    2009-James Laurinaitis
    2008- Rashard Mendenhall
    2007-Paul Posluszny
    2006- Matt Leinart

2012- Luke Kuechly I know the guy is getting a lot of hype, I was big on him early but shied away for other positions of need. If we got Luke in the first it would sure up our linebacking core for years to come him and McCarthy are versatile players that both can play Will and Middle. Seeing how defensive tackle is so deep we can get the guy who falls into the second round, than their are a couple under the radar defensive ends I like this year.

9. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

My friends still give me crap cuz i flipped out when we took CJ and now he's turned into one of my favorite players.

2006 - VY (I'm a huge Texas fan)
    2007 - Mike Griffin
    2008 - Felix Jones
    2009 - Hakeem Nicks
    2010 - Earl Thomas
    2011 - Fairley/Locker (Pretty much anyone but Gabbert and I would have been fine with it)

Lots of Texas players but my picks weren't horrible.

10. Wraith

Wraith Starter

2006 - Haloti Ngata, VY, or Cutler, did not want Leinart
    2007 - Revis
    2008 - CJ, i thought we could convert him into a rciever
    2009 - Britt
    2010 - JPP/Morgan, didn't care which as long as we got one of them
    2011 - Fairley/Locker/Mallet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar