Play him or trade him...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ShoTym, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShoTym

ShoTym Rookie of the Year

I'm astounded by some of the Titans fans lack of ability to look at this situation reasonably. You have forgotten that Vince was supposed to be a work in progress.

Year 1 - OROY, looks good. Game changer. Needs to improve on passing, but can make plays w/ his legs.

Year 2 - Defenses have caught on, he looks terrible, most likely due to injury to his legs. That severly limits what he can do.

Year 3 - Loses his job due to injury and never gets it back.

Vince may very well suck, but I'm not ready to give up on him. I want to see him on the field, playing.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'd trade him for a #3 extra value meal at McDonalds.

yes, you can super size that.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Sit him for another year and let him learn more and work on his deficiencies.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

If another team would trade for him, I'd take it. I'd be pretty happy trading him for a high 3rd.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Wouldn't we be hit with some serious dead cap space if we trade Vince this offseason?

6. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

Or sit him for another year or so to continue learning. Everyone says he's a "work in progress", well, let him continue to work and learn while we win with KC.... Sitting an extended time has helped lots of very good QBs...

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I never wanted Vince from day 1 and this is exactly what I thought he would be. I get that he's a work in progress but at what point does he start to improve? If he actually looked good in the pre season this year and the Colts game than I might be inclined to say "yea let him have the starting job." But I haven't seen any progress at all in the passing game. If anything he got worse from year 2 to year 3. I also think we have to prepare for the worst and draft a QB early in the draft. The rule to drafting a QB is unless you have a for sure franchise QB then don't pass on one. Do we have a sure fire franchise QB? No. So hopefully we do get a shot at Mark Sanchez.

8. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

You clearly hate Vince as a person! :sarcasm: I mean, I'm looking up players similar to Vince that have won Super Bowls and I'm beginning to run out of fingers to pull down.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

really the only guy comparable to VY is playing "house" behind bars! We see what being "Electric" means at the QB position.

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Why trade a player at the low point of his value?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar