Play Calling , how come we dont switch things up more?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Last season anyone watching a Titans game more than 10 minutes could predict the next play. Why dont they do more roll out's and trick plays? i think those work best with the running ability of Vince Young. i'd like to see a play that has Chris Henry, LenDale and Crumpler all in there with a play call that gives VY the option to run it himself, toss it to a RB or pass it to Crumpler or go deep to Gage etc...

With teams keeping a spy on VY now it's going to be hard from him to make big running plays like he did in his Rookie season , we gonna have to have plays that gets the spy off the path of VY so he can make plays. Will Mike switch it up more than Chow?

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I think Hemi will have a more well rounded offense compared to Chow's run on 1st and 2nd, pass on 3rd

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I guess thats why we have a new OC.

People have always spied VY he just didn't run when it was there this year as much he wanted to break that running QB label he had so he stood in the pocket.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it's been like that for a decade

I was actually shocked a few times last year when we actually passed on 1st down .... I'll be happy when on 3rd and 3 we go for 3 instead of 23

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

true, but it seemed like Hemi like the deep ball a little more...

... or Chow's idea of the deep ball was a 10 yard comeback route

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

What are you complaining about?? Run + Run + Pass on 3rd and long = unpredictable, and best yet - UNSTOPPABLE!

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yea, Dinger is a very good play caller - and Chow never got the hang of it. That's why he's gone, IMO. It's also not all just about run, run pass - although that got pretty embarrassing last year. If you run left when they are looking for it on the right you can bust a big one, if the defense is getting overly aggressive you can burn them with a draw. Chow just pounded Lendale straight up the gut and for a change-up Chow was running Henry up the middle (not his strong point) and often bouncing White to the edge. Crazy.

8. alzarius

alzarius Guest

Not trying to defend Chow, I love Dinger over Chow anyday, but its hard to call anything over 10 yard routes when your WR's cant catch them and the QB cant get it to them.

Our problems last year cannot all be put on Chow. WR's sucked, QB sucked, and despite how some people love him, LW sucked. (ALthough he did play better against crappy run D's)

As far as the predictability, look at the head coach.

McNair had an MVP season when? When the D Sucked so bad we had to rely on the O. How did Young get rookie of the year? The D sucked so bad we had to rely on the O.

If Fisher has a D in the top 25, we will always run on 1st and 2nd and pass on 3rd down.

Hopefully he lets Dinger do what he wants this year.

9. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

norm chow is a very one demensional offensive coordinator, my 2 year old baby cousin coulda predicted the plays he ran. Thats why hes making shrimp fried rice at a local chinese food place. Haha Yea hermindinger is gonna expand the offensive play calling, and i think we are gonna stun people when we win 12 games.

10. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

I see a lot more big plays happening this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar