Plaxico Burress would be a good WR for us.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

For crying out loud, he was driving drunk! Every adult nowadays should know that you are not just risking your own life but also the lives of others when you drink and drive. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but what you are saying is that killing animals for sport is a more severe offense than killing a human being and therefore calls for a harsher sentence. :sad2:

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Vicks crime was worse. In the sense that killing a person without intent can often result in no jail time if the defendant had no previous record ect. You run a criminal gambling ring like Vick did and you will go to jail every time.

3. JiminyBillyBob

First of all Vick got tried in federal court. Federal courts usually hand out harsher sentences. And yes, accidents do happen and people get killed during accidents. But this was not an ordinary accident. Stallworth was DRUNK! The fact that he did not intent to kill somebody should not even factor in. When he decided to operate his vehicle drunk he took the risk of causing bodily harm to himself and others. I like dogs, but even all the dogs on this planet are not worth more than one human life. So, yes, Vick commited a terrible crime, paid for it and is back on his feet. Yet still everybody and their mother calls him a scumbag. Stallworth spend 30 days in jail paid a few million dollars and continues his life and nobody cares anymore about what he did. I have a suggestion, why don't you tell your theory of Vick's crime being worse to any relatives or friends of drunk driving victims.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

the hobo he ran over was drunk too, just sayin...

And people call Mr. Mexico a scumbag because he is a scumbag not because he is an upstanding member of society who paid his debt for a lone transgression.

Plus I can think of tons of people who I would like to replace with a puppy.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I've been a supporter of Vick throughout the entire ordeal, but his crime was much worse than Stallworth's.

Stallworth should've spent more time in prison, but the guy he ran over was an idiot and would've been killed even if Stallworth was sober.

6. krogers

krogers Camp Fodder

What Plaxico done was just stupid. He was just acting like a thug and shot himself. He said he was worried that someone was going to get him... He is had millions in the bank... i think you can afford a few bodygaurds or just stay home. :wink2:

This is completly differant than what Mike Vick done or what Stallworth done. they killed other beings where Plaxico just shot himself. Vick done his time and I am glad he is where he is today.that is coming from a dog owner and lover.

Stallworth on the other hand... no matter if the man he hit was drunk or not. He killed a man being stupid and only spent a month in jail because he paid the family millions?? And now he is back in the NFL?? That is just not right sorry.

But on the Plaxico note... it sounds like he would be good for the Titans to pick up but, how much did we use Moss last season? He is one of the best wide outs in history. So no I dont think we need Plaxico.

7. JiminyBillyBob

That says a lot about your character.

8. JiminyBillyBob

How could you possibly know that?

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He wasn't driving erratically. Stallworth didn't know he was over the limit. He was partying the night before. He was hungover from a crazy night.

Why do you think he got off so easily? It's because the man would've been killed regardless of Stallworth being "drunk."

10. JiminyBillyBob

Fact is he was over the legal limit. That limit is there for a reason. Alcohol slows your reactions. So you can't possibly know that a sober driver would have hit him. The reason why he got off without significant jail time is because he paid a huge settlement to the victim's family as part of his plea bargain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar