Planning for next year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by razordaman, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

31 vs the pass Fix that idk how CB DB LB or even a new coach and we will be ok.

2. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

I've been saying it..defense is a WAY more pressing need than offense right now. Its a little trickier now since we obviously wont be a top 5 pick (I was sooooo hoping to get Ndamakung Suh) but any case I think the most pressing needs are..

DL/CB

At this point I say get whoever is higher on the draft board when its time to pick. As much as we need a CB..I dont want to get a 3rd round graded CB with our 1st pick just because we need one.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Fire Fisher for sure, but who do we replace him with?

Defense is our #1 priority. DB/DL/LB sounds good to me. Keith is as good as gone and our second string guys aren't gonna cut it. Harper needs to be forced into retirement, and we're gonna need to get a real CB to help Finnegan out.

Jacob Ford and William Hayes look like some capable DEs but we can always use help there.

4. ColeJ.

ColeJ. Right Brigade

i'm from dallas, and if jerry jones owned the titans, i'd probably be a cowboys fan instead. lol.

and what exactly do the cowboys have to show for their last 15 years? they haven't even won a playoff game since 1996.

we've been to the super bowl more recently than the cowboys have won a playoff game.

don't be praising jerry jones in the presence of a dallas titans fan :p

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titans Blue

Titans Blue Camp Fodder

Mike Heimerdinger for Titans Head Coach??? hehehehe

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Some of these posts are funny...

We should keep KC? Why? Can find a cheaper and better backup and he wants to play or retire. Bye Kerry...

We should fire Fisher and replace him with a proven 'failure' because other organizations are doing that? LOL

We should get a coach who will get both our passing and rushing stats into the top 10? That rarely happens, even with exceptional offenses as they tend to be dominant at one thing. More importantly, the Titans under VY avg'd 28.1 points per game...tied for 5th best in the league with Indy. Our offense is for the most part doing it's job.

In which years did we have the best team in the league? And in case you haven't noticed, if there are two close teams, the better one isn't gonna win all the time. And Jerry Jones would have done better? The ONLY good thing Jerry Jones did was hire Jimmy Johnson. Heck, he FIRED Jimmy Johnson because Johnson was getting too much credit...is THAT smart? And he features one of the worst head coaches in the league in Phillips!

Our WR corp needs overhauling? This is the best WR corp we've seen in a LONG LONG time. Britt had a very good rookie season, Gage played well for the most part when not hurt. Wash dropped way too many balls but has been improving and really did a nice job run blocking during our winning streak. And Hawkins actually got on the field and showed he can be a touch matchup for a nickel or dime CB in the slot. Outside of Wash and Britt working on their catching, I was pretty happy with the WR corp this year!

Expecting mid-late rnd CB's to step in as rookies and do well is a pipe dream. Sure, we've been getting used to guys like Finnegan coming in and playing lights out, but most don't even make the team let alone stick and earn playing time. This doesn't mean Mouton or McCourty should be cut and tossed out like last night's trash. Let them be backups and compete for playing time. Mouton has definitely been improving on special teams coverage.

I'm amazed that for all the Fisher bashing, I haven't seen one person mention our GM and his lack of foresight into how not signing AH would have such a detrimental affect on our D. Of course Fisher deserves a chunk of blame for all the problems on the team...but their are others also deserving of criticism.

No one is suggesting Fisher is the best coach in the NFL. He's not. But all these fans that think they can do better should take a look around...how'd you like to have Dallas' coach...Washington's? Seattle's? Cleveland's? Houston's? Bills? How'd you like Fisher to leave and be replaced with Wayne Phillips? I wouldn't. Sad to say, that one poster is right...some teams will fire a guy for one bad season to replace him with a proven failure. NO THANKS!

And a lot of our 'elite' brethren have a lot more warts than people think.

Dungy was a lot like Fisher. Loyal to his coaches to a fault. Eventually it got him fired out of Tampa. He fell into the perfect situation with Manning...and yet his still took a bunch of years to finally win the SB. A lot of people were suggesting he get canned because Manning couldn't beat the Pats and they were gonna 'waste' Manning's career. Amazing what one win will do to those perceptions....

How did Holmgren do once he no longer had a D in GB? How'd he then do at Seattle?

Gruden, like Dungy fell into the perfect situation for him at Tampa...great D, no offense. They took advantage of a weaker NFC to get to the Superbowl and he lucked out they got to play HIS Raiders. Talk about insider knowledge. How'd he and the team do since then?

There are NFL coaches who have a higher winning percentage than Fisher who don't even have jobs in the NFL anymore. It's not always about wins and losses. If you are rebuilding a team, you're not going 15-1...most likely you're gonna have a losing record whether you're a very good coach or a very bad coach. How good of a coach was Barry Switzer who won a Championship with Jimmy Johnson's built SB team. He won a SB, but the people in the know think he should have won 3 and wasted the talent he had. Another great move by Jerry Jones?

Gut

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, we recently fired one GM, how many GM's do you need to fire before you consider the HC as the problem?

The problem with Fisher isn't that he's a bad coach, but he's gone stale in Tennessee. Some players flourish when they get a change of scenery, the same applies to coaches I believe.

8. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

#1 Special teams
    #2 Defensive end
    #3 Replace Nick Harper
    #4 Keep Bulluck here
    #5 win a playoff game

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

+1,000,000,000

Post of the year IMO.

10. Titans Blue

Titans Blue Camp Fodder

I completely agree with all of that. 1-4 should lead to 5! I worry everytime we kick off to opposing teams, harper takes the field. Bulluck is the leader of our defense, we need him here!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar