Planning for next year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by razordaman, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razordaman

razordaman Starter

We need some serious defensive help and three coaches for next year asap. Nick Harper better be gone. Chuck Cecil gone along with Fisher and Lowry. Lose Crumpler for sure. I'm on the fence with Washington man he catches some and drops the crucial ones. He isn't a goto receiver we need one of those. Biggest needs imo are Linebacker and cornerbacks and de. KVB is done he didn't even make Rivers blink in his direction and also whiffs as running backs run on his end as he is still in pass rush defense. He just doesnt see running plays at all. Tulloch is just what the announcers said too small to be a lb and isn't in the right positions to make plays. He would be a good backup linebacker but we need an entire new lb corp. Gerald R didn't seem to be able to tackle the backup running back tonight so they better seriously look at him come next year and see if he makes the team.

2. TitanPredBrent

TitanPredBrent Camp Fodder

Yup Yup and Yup..
    I think Cecil should be demoted or fired if he doesn't agree he is part of the problem. He is a good Defensive secondary coach but not a D Coordinator.

3. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

i think the two biggest moves that must be made are
    #1 fire fisher
    #2 trade down in the draft. trade down since there is only like 1 first round CB, DE class is deep this year, and we already dont have a second rounder.

i mean we have VY, and we play pure vanilla except for 2 plays we run the option. we need someone that will change the way the game is played. you have the fastest player on the field paired with the fastest QB who is not a very good pocket passer and we play strait vanilla bean. im starting to wonder how much pull fisher really has. i mean, dinger was regarded as an offensive genious and he cant draw up anything except 2 option calls? doesnt make sense.

4. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

i think it would be cool to sign mike vick next year and run a pure gimmick offense with VY and vick on the field at the same time on 90% of plays. combined with CJ and jared cook. game over

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I think Cecil has shown enough life to deserve more time as DC.

Remember he's running a scheme that Fisher wants and playing the guys that Fisher tells him to.

You can't blame tonights defensive showing on him with only Tulloch as a starter left at LB.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I've personally seen enough of Fisher to come to the conclusion that he's an average coach. Losing playoff record, VERY undisciplined players, choosing seniority over talent, not having won a playoff game since 03, and now we can't even make the playoffs having come into the season with what looked like our best shot to make the Superbowl along with BIG expectations. I don't mind his philosophy of "play good defense and run the ball" but it just doesn't win Superbowls. Yes it worked with the Ravens, ONCE in the last decade or longer but even the Steelers at least aired it out from time to time and "keep it close and win in the end" is NOT working and has cost us and nearly cost us a number of games.

Chuck Cecil... enough said.

I've got some names in mind for a head coach but I don't wanna get into that.

It's clear our defense is the teams biggest problem. The depth is young and unproven and who knows if any of those guys will amount to anything. The proven guys we do have are either past their prime (KVB) or free agents (Bulluck), so that's a problem. The defensive tackles are good enough for now, the defensive ends and QB pressure is a joke. The linebackers RIGHT NOW are way to inexperienced and really haven't shown much, Finnigan isn't having his best year but I still trust him, same with Griffin and to a much lesser extent Hope. Harper is a got to go situation. Defensive end or corner HAS to be the #1 pick in the draft. I'd also love to manage to get a 2nd round pick, trading a 2nd rounder for a 3rd rounder never made much sense to me anyway, especially when the 3rd rounder (Cook) has so much potential and Crumpler is... well he's Alge Crumpler, that's about it.

Now here's where people call me a hater but I don't care but tonight's game against an elite team Young couldn't get it done. Yes he had some drops but those two pick, especially the first, were REALLY bad. The fumble was just being a little careless. But I still have a lot I have to see before I'd be 100% sold on Young as the long term solution. Like I said (which I was heavily criticized for, for some reason) I want to know if the Young who went 7-1 is the real Young or if that was just a fluke. I know it's only one game but games like this can't happen next year if he wants to be the long term future. I'm still in favor of taking a QB in the draft should an interesting name slip to the middle rounds.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Fisher, get outta town!!!!!

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yep. Hopefully this was the final nail in Fisher's coffin. Bud makes better coaching decsions than this moron- and he was 85 before football was even invented.

9. 24

24 Starter

I actually disagree with most of what you said. I say keep Fisher and Cecil, but get rid of Lowry. Cecil actually showed some willingness to blitz. I agree with getting rid of Crumpler, Harper, and KVB. Also, get rid of LenDale, Amano, and Thornton. We need to resign Bulluck, Tulloch, and Brown. Tulloch and McRath are the future of this defense. I say we take a CB, DE, or LB in the draft, and build from there. We aren't getting pressure on the QB like we did last year, and that has really exposed this secondary. We either need to improve our pass rush or our coverage.

10. TitansWinAgain

TitansWinAgain Camp Fodder

Maybe I'm just being optimistic but I don't want a D lineman in the 1st. Tony played very well this year, Jason Jones will be coming back next year, hopefully Sen'derick lives up to his potential, Vickerson and Haye seem like solid rotational players. So DT is set for awhile.

DE is less clear but I feel like Vanden Bosch leaving will help alot (I'd much rather see Ford in his place full time, especially on 3rd down). Ford has shown Pass Rush skills and Hayes seems to be improving. Hopefully with another year and more snaps we will have two solid starters at DE.

CB seems like a bigger hole.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar